Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

DCCFF8BE-2006-4F01-8FA6-6BD141CA11AB.jpeg

And we have our first chick!

Hard to see but the membrane is still attached to the navel. Will this dry and break off? Yolk is fully absorbed and the chick seems to be doing fine for just hatching
It might work lose on it's own.
If chick is dragging shell around, best to snip the connection about an inch from the belly.

Hard to see but the membrane is still attached to the navel. Will this dry and break off? Yolk is fully absorbed and the chick seems to be doing fine for just hatchingView attachment 2617703

It might work lose on it's own.
If chick is dragging shell around, best to snip the connection about an inch from the belly.

I second what aart said. If you still see blood in the cord you can pinch it with tweezers before clipping the side furthest from the chick (it looks pretty clear in the image though). Whatever is remaining will dry up and fall off naturally. I also sterilize any tools I use for chicks with rubbing alcohol before and after.

So kinda worried a bit about the membrane on this one. It pipped early this morning but hasn’t done much since. The others hatching have knocked the little bits of shell off now I’m worried the membrane might be drying out too much. Humidity has been between 70-80 with them all hatching
912B9221-A0AA-44AF-AAAD-054EDD574F37.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom