Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Oh I see, okay thank you, I was thinking it was a cord that connected to a 12v battery. We also get a lot of power outages out here. I have a UPS which will power this incubator for two hours and, after that, will plug it into an inverter connected to a 12v battery.
Or - does it connect to a 12v battery? I’m sorry, I’m pretty ignorant. It just looks to me like it connects to a car cigarette lighter and I thought you had to physically wire something into a 12v battery.

Or - does it connect to a 12v battery? I’m sorry, I’m pretty ignorant. It just looks to me like it connects to a car cigarette lighter and I thought you had to physically wire something into a 12v battery.

I'm am terrible with electrical things but I believe you snip the boy end off of the wire and you tie in positive to positive and negative to negative on the 12v. I'm especially curious how long it would last though.

Oh I see, okay thank you, I was thinking it was a cord that connected to a 12v battery. We also get a lot of power outages out here. I have a UPS which will power this incubator for two hours and, after that, will plug it into an inverter connected to a 12v battery.
Mine gets plugged into the UPS with the computer. But, as you know, that is a limited time. I already have a cigarette lighter plug adapter for my battery operated stuff. And a jumper box with a female cigarette 12 volt plug.

Here it is running from the jumper box. It drianed the jump box down in about 10 minutes, and shut off with a loud beep. It would work in your car's cig lighter plug with the motor running is my expectation. I did smell a hot plastic smell and the plug was warm. If the incubator was already at temp, that would probably not be a problem. This was starting up from room temp of about 65.

Attachments

• IMG_6081.JPG
    IMG_6081.JPG
    466.9 KB · Views: 11
I'm am terrible with electrical things but I believe you snip the boy end off of the wire and you tie in positive to positive and negative to negative on the 12v. I'm especially curious how long it would last though.
This does not need you to do any snipping of boy ends. It plugs in to the power in port just like the original 12 volt power supply. Then you can connect (or not) the turner in the normal manner. In an emergency I would conserve battery power by not connecting the turner motor. The heater draws plenty as it is. Lots of small generators have a dc out plug like this, it saves power to not convert it to 110, and then back again to 12 volt!

I had hoped to test how long a fully charged 12v would power the NR360 but didn’t get it done before setting time. If I end up testing it after (or having to do to it during) I will share what I find.

I had hoped to test how long a fully charged 12v would power the NR360 but didn’t get it done before setting time. If I end up testing it after (or having to do to it during) I will share what I find.
I think it would depend on the size of your 12 volt system. Golf cart batteries with 100 amp hours? Run it fine. Little jumper box? From my test run, don't bother. Plug it into a running vehicle? Good to go.

Back
Top Bottom