Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

View attachment 2698937
Got my first hatch! 2 days early. 4 others have pipped but I haven't seen much extra going on. I had to take it out of the incubator to band it's leg and save it's eggshell (I'm planning on sending off the eggshells of this color to a lab to get sexed so I can tell which I want to keep, I only want a max of 2 more turkey hens in my flock and if I keep them until I can visually sex them I get too attached lol) and also because it was wrecking havoc on the other eggs. Hoping the brief moment of being open (Like, 30 seconds max if that) doesn't do anything to the eggs. Humidity & temp went back up super fast after I closed up.

So cute! Where do you send the shells?

So cute! Where do you send the shells?
I'm going to send them to https://www.google.com/amp/s/iqbirdtesting.com/amp/ IQ! A pigeon breeder I know sends her shells there and others recommended it to me as well.

Also, getting worried. 3 out of 8 eggs have hatched. Says one day left, but about 2 of them noticeably external pipped about a day and a half ago, and the others yesterday morning. I haven't seen any progress since then, but I'm afraid to mess with the incubator and check the eggs more then just pulling chicks and shells out. Am I too late? Should I assist them, or wait longer? This is nerve wracking lol.

I'm going to send them to https://www.google.com/amp/s/iqbirdtesting.com/amp/ IQ! A pigeon breeder I know sends her shells there and others recommended it to me as well.

Also, getting worried. 3 out of 8 eggs have hatched. Says one day left, but about 2 of them noticeably external pipped about a day and a half ago, and the others yesterday morning. I haven't seen any progress since then, but I'm afraid to mess with the incubator and check the eggs more then just pulling chicks and shells out. Am I too late? Should I assist them, or wait longer? This is nerve wracking lol.

To see an external pip for over 24 hours I would also be concerned. If you do decide to try to step in it's important to take your time. I recommend reading through this article first.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching.64660/

Hey! I'm incubating my first batch of shipped eggs. I plan to hand turn throughout, but would like to set them upright for the first few days.

Any tips on making this possible?

I'm incubating bantam eggs and quail. I thought of cartons, but my quail egg cartons are made of plastic and I don't know if it's safe.

Hey! I'm incubating my first batch of shipped eggs. I plan to hand turn throughout, but would like to set them upright for the first few days.

Any tips on making this possible?

I'm incubating bantam eggs and quail. I thought of cartons, but my quail egg cartons are made of plastic and I don't know if it's safe.

Plastic should be ok, some people cut holes in the bottom of each egg holder to allow for more air flow when using plastic egg cartons.

I've been super busy recently so I'm sure my updates will be poor on this but I received some quail hatching eggs that I'm using in the new quail turner! The box was treated very poorly and was pretty beat up so I'm not expecting a great hatch regardless.

My very first observation with the quail egg turner is that I DID NOT like using it with the spacer facing down. It was soooo hard to even place the eggs without placing them roughly so I immediately flipped it over and it seems to rotate perfectly fine being flush with the base. None of the eggs have had any issues with hopping around at all.

6-18-21.JPG

Back
Top Bottom