Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I would be upset if I expected purebred birds (I’m guessing you paid purebred price) and got someone’s project birds instead. Not cool but they do sound adorable. Maybe you’ll end up really liking them.

I hope this set is better than the last. You deserve a good hatch!:hugs:fl
well we were talking back and forth and I asked if she could do a mixed listing of the purebred Cochins and project eggs. I asked about a 7/5 split since I am mainly going for a splash Cochin but the project ones looked so cute and I loved the colored eggs... Not sure if someone helped her pack them or what. They were in 2 half dozen egg cartons (basically an egg carton split in half) the first one had 3/3 for the eggs. the 2nd had all project. thinking she meant to do 3/3 in each and something got messed up along the way. so I guess I paid for 7 Cochin and 5 project. But she did it as a bid listing with a buy it now price. I just bid so got them cheap since noone else bid. She seems like a caring seller so I am sure if I asked she would send the Cochin eggs I didn't get but I don't have room in the incubator anyways. Also if I don't get at least a 38% hatch rate (I think is what the listing says) she will ship another set of eggs for just the cost of shipping. So I will see what I get and go from there.

and Thanks. I just hope they do something. Keep trying to figure out if it is just bad luck or something I am doing wrong since nothing seems to be working out with hatching for me. But I must say my "I will just throw these 2 eggs from my own flock in and see what they do" baby that hatched last time (the only one that did) is ABSOLUTELY adorable!! She is an EE/Cochin cross (well hoping she) and looks like she will have muffs!

Also if I don't get at least a 38% hatch rate (I think is what the listing says) she will ship another set of eggs for just the cost of shipping. So I will see what I get and go from there.

After @Iluveggers recent results on hatching and air-cell size (which I assume is a sort of proxy for how the egg was affected by humidity), what have you been running your humidity at while incubating? Is it possible that you might either raise humidity a little or (if you've had it high) lower it some?

After @Iluveggers recent results on hatching and air-cell size (which I assume is a sort of proxy for how the egg was affected by humidity), what have you been running your humidity at while incubating? Is it possible that you might either raise humidity a little or (if you've had it high) lower it some?
I have it at 45-50%. Try to keep it about 45.

My problem isn't hatching but nothing starts .. my last set of shipped eggs went under my 2 broodys. None started. I put in 2 of my own eggs and 1 of those started made it to hatch.

The set of shipped before that were half under a broody, half in the incubator. Had 1 hatch from each and another under the broody that never externally pipped. But those weren't the breeds I ordered ..

@junior67 Your chicks of the wrong breed that hatched. Was that the same seller who gave the incorrect # of eggs (with the project eggs) or the other one?
No that was the first person I got eggs from. Wouldn't buy from that seller again. These 2 are different sellers. The BBS Cochin eggs are the same seller that none started at all. The one that gave incorrect # of eggs is a new seller I am trying.

I’m super excited for you @junior67 I have a good feeling about this group.
How did you do the holes in the egg carton to stack? A bunch of smaller holes or one big hole? Also how often did you turn the eggs? Did you just tilt them side to side? Or rotate them? I will be doing mine around 330-4 tomorrow

How did you do the holes in the egg carton to stack? A bunch of smaller holes or one big hole? Also how often did you turn the eggs? Did you just tilt them side to side? Or rotate them? I will be doing mine around 330-4 tomorrow
The leaned toward the outside naturally, so I just twisted the egg around so it was “flipped” to the other side but more diagonal. If you have any saddled air cells I would put them in the egg cutouts for sure to keep them more upright. image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom