Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I would be upset if I expected purebred birds (I’m guessing you paid purebred price) and got someone’s project birds instead. Not cool but they do sound adorable. Maybe you’ll end up really liking them.

I hope this set is better than the last. You deserve a good hatch!:hugs:fl
thought I would update on this situation. So when I got the eggs I had messaged the seller letting her know I had gotten them and how great they were packed etc. and let her know about the mix up with the eggs. Today I got a message back saying she was sorry and that she has been sick so staying away from the chickens and eggs as much as she can. She said her husband though the messed up an order (he was trying to help her out doing ebay orders for her) so she was happy to at least find out whose it was. She offered to send out as many splash Cochin eggs as they collected between ? (sometime, now maybe?) and Mon (which would be a LOT I think since she said she collected like 3 or 4 yesterday, 2 today and tomorrow should be 4 if they follow their pattern) and also throw in some lavender Brahma eggs and some Partridge to blue (I think that was it) Brahma eggs for my trouble.

Right now I don't have room in the incubator and while by the time they came (would probably be next Wed) that would put those eggs like 9 days behind the ones in there so I felt that was too hard with 1 incubator for lockdown. I just asked if we could wait and just see how these eggs went first and then if the splash eggs don't hatch we can do something at that point. I am happy she was willing to work something out and make it right though. sure makes me feel confident in her eggs! She has also stated in her listing if the hatch rate is poor (under I think 38% which isn't great but not bad for shipped eggs) she will ship more eggs for just shipping which I feel is a good deal and that she backs her eggs. :)

update. Day 3 did a quick candle last night with the incubator light. Saw an embryo in I think all or just about all the project eggs I checked. And even though the splash Cochin eggs (same seller) were hard to see through I think I saw something in those.

The BBS Cochin eggs (same seller as my last hatch that none did anything) I saw nothing........ Not having much hope for those after last time and not seeing anything definitive this time either.

I ordered a new candler so will hopefully see more tonight so going to go through them all and mark what they all have for now. :)

@Iluveggers how did you go about checking them all with the ones on top? did you take them out and leave them out while you did the ones in the middle? I struggled checking some last night so would take one out from the top put it aside outside and then check one under but didn't want to mess them all up so didn't check them all. haahaa.

update. Day 3 did a quick candle last night with the incubator light. Saw an embryo in I think all or just about all the project eggs I checked. And even though the splash Cochin eggs (same seller) were hard to see through I think I saw something in those.

The BBS Cochin eggs (same seller as my last hatch that none did anything) I saw nothing........ Not having much hope for those after last time and not seeing anything definitive this time either.

I ordered a new candler so will hopefully see more tonight so going to go through them all and mark what they all have for now. :)

@Iluveggers how did you go about checking them all with the ones on top? did you take them out and leave them out while you did the ones in the middle? I struggled checking some last night so would take one out from the top put it aside outside and then check one under but didn't want to mess them all up so didn't check them all. haahaa.
I took all the eggs out at once, and put them in a new 18 egg empty carton on their sides (lid and holder side). Candled them all quickly, and put them all back where I wanted them. I didn’t like opening the incubator a bunch of times, and it only took about 5 minutes to do all of them. Since a momma hen can get off the nest for longer than that, I thought it would be best to keep the bator closed as long as possible and remove all the eggs at once. Worked well for me!

I took all the eggs out at once, and put them in a new 18 egg empty carton on their sides (lid and holder side). Candled them all quickly, and put them all back where I wanted them. I didn’t like opening the incubator a bunch of times, and it only took about 5 minutes to do all of them. Since a momma hen can get off the nest for longer than that, I thought it would be best to keep the bator closed as long as possible and remove all the eggs at once. Worked well for me!
Thanks. It is funny I worry so much when my broodys would sit on wrong nest here and there so he off for a couple hours and all was fine but I worry with the incubator for 5-10 min. Lol

That's reassuring! Even though the cochins are still having issues it's almost certainly her flock at this point. So now you know it's not anything you're doing.

That's reassuring! Even though the cochins are still having issues it's almost certainly her flock at this point. So now you know it's not anything you're doing.
Either her flock, route for shipping or that she doesn't label the boxes. They are packed amazing. But she said she doesn't put fragile or anything on the boxes because she found the PO is rougher with them.

This (picture)was on the outside of the project, and splash Cochin eggs. I think it made a big difference in handling of it. After these hatch I think I will take that seller up on her offer to send more splash Cochin eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_150245591.jpg
    IMG_20220624_150245591.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 4
Either her flock, route for shipping or that she doesn't label the boxes. They are packed amazing. But she said she doesn't put fragile or anything on the boxes because she found the PO is rougher with them.

This (picture)was on the outside of the project, and splash Cochin eggs. I think it made a big difference in handling of it. After these hatch I think I will take that seller up on her offer to send more splash Cochin eggs.

My post office always handles our packages that are labeled really carefully. It probably depends on the area. I received one overnight even though it wasn't paid for just because it said "a special package for a special girl" lol

My post office always handles our packages that are labeled really carefully. It probably depends on the area. I received one overnight even though it wasn't paid for just because it said "a special package for a special girl" lol
That is great. The BBS seller has said if she marks hers then her PO crushes the boxes. It may I don't know. I just think, going by my experience, the label the most recent seller uses helped the eggs in the shipping process.

Ok... Need ideas or help. It was in the 90's here today so the AC has been going on stop in my house. It doesn't blow near the incubator but there is one on the other side of the kitchen. My house is only between 72-74. If the one in the kitchen isn't running on hot days my house would be 80 and humid ...

But my incubator ran very low on temp today and high on humidity. How can I fix this besides not run the ac in the kitchen???? The next few days will be a bit cooler but then have warmer temps again....

This is my govee chart from today. I bumped up the temp on the incubator one I noticed the temps on it a bit ago...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-204603.png
    Screenshot_20220701-204603.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 4
Think I figured out part of the problem. Where my incubator is so full at some point today the thermometer went right in the middle so think it wasn't reading it right. I moved it and within 10 min it was reading 99.7

Back
Top Bottom