Harrisburgh Pa. Farm Show on Jan12th

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by brandibaby23, Dec 2, 2009.

1. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    I was wondering if anyone has went to this show before and it it was a good show, and if they have many chickens? I know they have alot of other farm animals. But Just was curious if anyone had any info on what activities are there and such?? Thank you for all of your time, in advance.

2. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    I've never been there myself. My sister went with the kids last year and said it was worth the trip. I found this website that has more info. I think I will go this year, weather permitting.

http://www.farmshow.state.pa.us/default.aspx

3. SFF

SFF Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2009
    York, PA
    I have been showing here for the past 5 years. It has always been a pretty good show. I believe registration has ended, the PA farm show is free to attend and is certainly worth a trip. I always go 2 or 3 days for he different competitions and shows.

4. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    A great show, lots of chickens, turkeys, geese and everything else you can think of....we take the GD every January:)

5. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    This sounds great!!! I have never been to a farm show and since I got into chickens I been wanting to go!!! So this will be my first one!!!! I'm excited about seeing the chickens!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. polish101

polish101 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    North central
    hi,
    I have gone to many time to count. The PA farm showis one of the biggest and most crowed state fairs i have ever been too. The only thing to rememeber is that you have to go early in the week because after the auction most of the animals(not dairy) leave. Also the vendors are like none other. if its farm related its there somewhere!

jeremy B

7. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I haven't been there for 6 years, but when I lived in PA we usually tried to go. It is very crowded, especially on the rodeo nights, but it is well worth going to. I don't remember seeing a lot of chickens, but I do remember any kind of animal you can imagine-even buffalo, emu, and reindeer!

8. charmedbychickens

charmedbychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Ohio
    I've never been there before either but I plan on going this time. Hopefully the weather coperates. If it's a day like today, I'll have to skip it. [​IMG]

9. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I was in State College, PA for a few years. Went to the farm show twice, once driving in quite NASTY weather to get there------- SO WORTH IT!

No matter what livestock you keep, it's a nice nice farm show.

10. dkluzier

dkluzier Chillin' With My Peeps

We went last year and it was worth the trip. Although we were looking at the goats, not chickens so I can't say much about that part of it. I was disappointed in the goat displays only because I would have preferred the whole show be goats. LOL! I thought it had an admission fee though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by