1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Harry Potter 7...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Naztrain, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Naztrain

Naztrain Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I can't wait!!!

3. ErinRN

ErinRN New Egg

Feb 3, 2007
    SW Indiana
    I am not a HP fanatic - but! I am about to do a bug waiting for the Order of the Phoenix movie and then the book!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My 12yo son and I will be at Walmart at midnight on the 21st and probably will stay up all night!! Fortunately/unfortunately, his birthday is the next day. Hopefully we will be able to keep out eyes open [​IMG]

Have you seen Dan Radcliff's pix of Equis? I am a mom of 40, but dang his looks good!!!

For those of HP liking - go to www.wizardnews.com or www.hpana.com or www.jkrowling.com, really neat websites for HP info.

The countdown begins.

ErinRN

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  4. Momma Hen

Momma Hen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2007
    Missouri
    Love the books, love the movies!

5. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Hi!

I can tell you, I'm NOT excited about the new Harry Potter comming out!!!
    I WORK IN A BOOKSTORE!!!

I"M SSSSSCARRRED of that day!!! LOL!!!

6. CharlestonChick

CharlestonChick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    [​IMG] Ooooh! I can't wait. However, I will be out of the country that day, so I will have to wait until I get back to get it. I plan on going right from the airport so I can read it that night. I planned my flight so that I leave the day after the movie comes out.
    Yes, I know, I'm a nut![​IMG]

7. Rose's Human Hen

Rose's Human Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    last year i got the book on the day it came out i won it

8. BowChickaBowMow

BowChickaBowMow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    Quote:Glad I'm not the only crazy mom! For the last book, my son and I were at Meijer's waiting for the book... and the lines were insane! Then when we went to leave... we realized that being tired... we (ok I) left the keys in the van.. locked inside. By now it was 1:30 a.m. Who can ya call at that time of the morning? Oh.. plus my wallet was at home.. I only brought cash w/ me for the book and a few extra's. So I had no ID to prove the vehicle was mine anyways! We made a couple trips back into the store and bought different tools to try to jimmy the locks. We were tired.. it was COLD and we didn't have jackets on. Eventually I broke the seal on a side window and was able to use a bendable ruler to maneuver the lock open. I didn't get to sleep in the next morning (we got home at 4:30 a.m-ish) but my son slept in most of the day! [​IMG] The things we do for our kiddo's!

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm a crazy mom also... but not on behalf of my kids, lol. I was at the store waiting patiently to get my copy (along with about 500 other people). I got it at around 1:30am and had it finished by 11am that same day. I am a total HP freak. I can't wait until she gets the encylopedia written, I will definitely be waiting in line to buy that one also. Anyone else have Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastical Beasts and Where to Find Them? I've only read those through twice...

My name is Heather and I'm addicted to Harry Potter.

10. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Yup, read those also. pre ordered book 7, had it finished before the day was up. Have read several of the books more than once and cried when certain people died. (won't say who incase some one is new to hp) Can't wait for the last movies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by