Has any one hatched a chicken egg before day 20?

Has any one hatched a chicken egg before day 20?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

pvchicken1

Songster
Mar 18, 2021
Wonder if you have ever hatched a chicken egg before day 20. I just hatched one on day 19 and seems to be healthy. Is this rare? Share your thoughts and comments below about this thread. Comment what the earliest you have ever hatched a chicken egg before.

I’ve hatched some on day 19 too! Just a week ago, actually. 2 on day 19, 1 on day 20. It’s perfectly fine, since all eggs are different. Probably had to do with incubator temp and humidity too.

Wonder if you have ever hatched a chicken egg before day 20. I just hatched one on day 19 and seems to be healthy. Is this rare? Share your thoughts and comments below about this thread. Comment what the earliest you have ever hatched a chicken egg before.
This can happen for different reasons:

• bantam eggs often hatch on day 19 or 20 as they are smaller.
  • very small and fresh eggs from the same day the incubation started, usually hatch at least one day earlier as well
  • higher temperature in the incubator
  • higher location

Yes! We had a broody hatch on day 19. I was checking on her at the start of day 20 and was shocked to see a chick pop out from under her! Turned out there were quite a few under her already. She hatched the rest on day 20.

This can happen for different reasons:

• bantam eggs often hatch on day 19 or 20 as they are smaller.
  • very small and fresh eggs from the same day the incubation started, usually hatch at least one day earlier as well
  • higher temperature in the incubator
  • higher location
OK

Our last hatch had one chick greet us first thing in the morning on day 19, happy and healthy. Most of the rest popped out on day 20 and a couple of stragglers drifted in on day 21.

Back
Top Bottom