Has any tried the "Farm Innovators Heated 2 Gal Poultry Drinker"

Hi ,
I read reviews that it keeps coming apart and all the water falls out. you might try to look on www.amazon.com and check the reviews . I think that's where I read it .
Oops I am thinking of the "all seasons" one with the red base. not the 2-gallon. I don't know anything about the two gallon . I'd like to hear what you find out.
Karen

Last edited:
I have the Farm Innovators 3 gallon heated waterer. So far so good, although others that have had it did not like it. Not sure how the 2 gallon one compares.

Thanks for the reply's, I ended up buying it, actually 2, but I can't get either group of chickens to figure out how to use it. I used my finger to try and show them how to get the water....and they then pecked at my finger, instead of the water nipple....:he
Then I used a thin wooden dowel to poke at the water nipple, and they were scared of it.....:barnie

I had to put the summer water bowls, back in, but it will be freezing here at night soon, please help....

Well I could not get my chickens, to drink at all from the horizontal nibble heated water bucket at all. I showed them many times during the day, but they just didn't get it, so I put a bowl of water in the run and they would drink like they just crossed the Mojave Dessert....:lau

So I took the heated water buckets back and got heated dog bowls, my chickens are very happy now:wee

After watching the movie Moana, I was a bit upset about how the chicken was portrayed....but now I'm wondering if they were right on the mark, since my chickies could not even figure out the horizontal nipple water system...:p

Well I could not get my chickens, to drink at all from the horizontal nibble heated water bucket at all. I showed them many times during the day, but they just didn't get it, so I put a bowl of water in the run and they would drink like they just crossed the Mojave Dessert....:lau

So I took the heated water buckets back and got heated dog bowls, my chickens are very happy now:wee

After watching the movie Moana, I was a bit upset about how the chicken was portrayed....but now I'm wondering if they were right on the mark, since my chickies could not even figure out the horizontal nipple water system...:p

:yuckyuck I got a good laugh out of your post! I could just picture that Moana chicken (was it’s name Hey Hey?) trying to drink out of one of those nipples! The Mojave desert picture was great too!
I wanted to try one of those waterers with the nipples for my guineas, but I knew that if I put it in the coop they would absolutely lose their ever-loving mind over it! I put a new nesting box in the coop one day and they roosted on the coop roof for 2 days and wouldn’t go back I until I took it out!
:barnie

Last edited:

In the past 2 weeks, I had to teach everyone to use horizontal nipples with my new winter waterer, some were easier than others. I used ice cube trays under the nipples as drip trays. 2-3 times a day I would push on the nipples to fill the trays a little. I made sure the birds watched me do it. Most importantly, I took all other water sources out.

Took less than 24hrs for 15, 4 week old quail to learn.
About 48hrs for 3, 10 week old quail.
48hrs for 2, 16 week old chickens.
And my 5 hens caught on almost straight away, they have been using vertical nipples their entire lives, so these nipples were a small step up.

In the past 2 weeks, I had to teach everyone to use horizontal nipples with my new winter waterer, some were easier than others. I used ice cube trays under the nipples as drip trays. 2-3 times a day I would push on the nipples to fill the trays a little. I made sure the birds watched me do it. Most importantly, I took all other water sources out.

Took less than 24hrs for 15, 4 week old quail to learn.
About 48hrs for 3, 10 week old quail.
48hrs for 2, 16 week old chickens.
And my 5 hens caught on almost straight away, they have been using vertical nipples their entire lives, so these nipples were a small step up.

PingoBags -Thank you so much for that info, I took the buckets back, but will consider buying more, as I really wanted the convenience of having 2 gals of water, and cleaner water (as in not open water bowls) available to my chickens during the winter.
Apparently I need more patience... Not like I've never been told that!;)

Back
Top Bottom