Has anybody ever heard of this incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yadaguhtoo, Jul 27, 2011.

1. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    It is called a Chick Hut and from what I understand is mostly used by teachers in classrooms. I am just a hobbyist when it comes to hatching eggs but I would appreciate any info on this bator. Thanks

2. chickadiddle

chickadiddle Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2010
    Is that the small $20 one? If so, I would pass and get a better one - no one speaks highly of it that I know of
    Sometimes a 4H will let you borrow one

3. yadaguhtoo

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    No, I don't think it is the one you are talking about. When researching it on the internet they sell for around 250.00 but I could not find any reveiws on it, so I was hoping someone on here has heard about or used one so I could get an opinion. Thanks

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Here's a link to a vendor of this model.

http://sciencekit.com/product.asp?pn=IG0021728&mr:referralID=51012aac-b8a6-11e0-891e-001b2166c2c0

For the price, it sure doesn't seem like you get much. Essentially, this appears to be a pretty stripped down incubator -- no humidity control, no automatic turning. It's hard to know for sure, since the site doesn't give many details. Also, it holds only 12 eggs, so for the price its pretty small.

I think you could do a lot better for less money with something like one of the Brinsea models or perhaps one of the higher end, more upscale LG's.

5. yadaguhtoo

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    Ya, I thought it is really high priced for what it looks like but there is one on ebay right now that I have bid on for 11.00 so I fugure if nothing else I can experiment a little. I do plan on getting a Havobator with fan by next spring :)

6. yadaguhtoo

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    Well, I bid 14.00 and won it so I guess I'm in for a surprise. Hopefully I won't be dissapointed.....oh well if I am. I did find a little more info on it and the company says it's one of their best icubators???Life is an adventure right? [​IMG]

7. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Quote:Yea, $14 is a far cry from $254. Well worth taking a risk on it for that price.

Is it manual turning and manual humidity control? It looked like it from the other site, but it was really hard to tell, there was virtually no product detail given.

Good luck, hope it works well for you.

8. yadaguhtoo

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    I don't know....that is part of the surprise:) It did say it came with an intsruction manual so we'll see? I'll keep ya posted!

9. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    From $254 to $14... Wow. It's got to be okay at that price. Now why can't I ever get a £250 Brinsea for £20 on eBay? [​IMG]

10. yadaguhtoo

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    It could be a really good deal or a really silly one....either way I had to take a chance for the price:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by