1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anybody tried AMBEREN?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by flowerchicks, Jul 27, 2011.

1. flowerchicks

flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    So, my doctor wants me to go on bioidentical hormones. The meds are expensive and I can't afford it right now. I keep hearing commercials for Amberen, which is supposed to help your body self regulate your hormones, estrogen and progesterone. Its not cheap either, but its a lot less than bhrt. They have a 30 day money back guarantee, but I was wondering if any of my BYC friends have used it and if so, how did it work for you.

2. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I haven't tried that product, but BHRT costs me less than $1 per week. Wonder why it's so expensive where you are?

3. flowerchicks

flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    The Dr treats with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone, the dosages change weekly to match your normal body rhythm. Because I am not old enough for hormone replacement, according to insurance standards, it probably wont be covered. Even of it is, I have a high deduct. And would have to pay for it anyway. I figured around $160 a month. The doctor (the only one in my area who uses biht) doesn't take insurance and its $150 each month for 3 months, then $150 every 3 months for f/u appointments, and that doesn't even include lab work, which, because of a high deduct. isn't cheap either. Sooo , needless to say, amberen is looking good right now.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Never heard of it...
    I'll have to go check it out cause my hormones are all wacked out. [​IMG]

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I looked up Amberen and read a review by The Wellesley Center for WomenÂ’s Studies. You might want to check it out.

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Wow, there's a lot of costs involved with that. Without any insurance involved my script for almost 8 month's worth is only $31. Surgical induced menopause at a younger age...so I guess my body doesn't have those rhythms anymore that need followed. [​IMG] Unless they're what's called "power surges" by many of us.

Hope you find the info you're looking for.

7. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Since I just found out you're right here in my town and I'm checking all your posts to get to know you AND I'm taking bio's from a pharmacy right here in town for $30 a month, I had to reply! We need to chat! I'm thinking we must have gone to school together! Small world huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by