Has anyone bought goslings from Ideal Poultry?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by kaylabeans28, Mar 4, 2015.

1. kaylabeans28

kaylabeans28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    Has anyone bought goslings from Ideal Poultry before? I have a few being shipped out today. I was wondering what your experiences were with their goslings and their services. This is my first time ordering poultry through the mail, and I'm extremely nervous about it. The temperatures are all over the place right now, and I don't really want to experience any ill or dead babies considering I will be the one picking them up. of course they're apart of my 4H fair projects this year. Any pictures of your ideal poultry goslings/geese would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    My two females are from Ideal. My avatar is of my gander from Metzers and female from ideal and last years goslings. What breed did you order?

3. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    I ordered american buff and grey saddleback pomeranian a male and a female of each

4. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Enjoy your birds! I love getting birds inthe mail!

5. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    I'll post pictures of them once I pick them up tomorrow! Thank you! I love your geese! They're beautiful!

6. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    [​IMG]
    This is Ricky!

[​IMG]
    This is Clyde!

[​IMG]
    This is Lucy!

[​IMG]
    This is Bonnie!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Too bad you couldn't have held off a little longer before ordering, we are watching a few members on the duck thread that just received their ducklings dead from getting lost in shipment somehow these are from Metzers but it happens when the temps are not warm enough for the littles to be able to maintain enough body heat to stay warm. Did you order a heat pac too/ and gro gel in case they get stranded somewhere, God knows I hope it doesn't happen but it can.

8. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    They actually made it here alive. We're keeping a close eye on them and the roosters shipped with them. The temps are warming up, so hopefully there won't be anymore deaths. I posted them above..

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Oh I am so happy to hear this, I didn't look to see when you had posted I am just glad they made it there safe and alive. They are adorable.. We have a learning center here that has info on caring for goslings if your interested.

10. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    I do have one odd question if you don't mind helping me out..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by