has anyone bought serama from . . .

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fallenweeble, Jan 27, 2008.

1. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    dixie birds?
    i am looking at a pair currently up for auction. if anyone has purchased birds from there before please let me know about your experience. (you can pm me if you don't want to post for all eyes).
    thanks!

2. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Dixie Birds are active members of the SCNA. I have seen
    a lot of pics of their stock which I personally liked. They are people if I needed stock that I would consider buying from -

3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Dixiebirds is a scammer. He does not have what he advertises. He even says he got eggs from a particular breeder whose board I'm on, and the breeder has refused to sell him eggs. He has quite a track record, so I would avoid him.

4. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Just seeing pictures along with weights of his birds makes me want to avoid him like the plague. 20 oz cockerel? That's huge. Not to mention poor type.

5. fallenweeble

Dec 4, 2007
    thanks ya'll,
    i visited your website slo and i see you have chicks hatching - congrats!

6. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Quote:Our chicks are actually about a month old now, we've got 6. Looks like 4 boys 2 girls. I'm keeping one girl and at least 1 boy, if not two. And one of my kids is getting a pair, so that leaves a cockerel if you're interested.

7. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    If you are looking for eggs Frank (ae50mag) has great stock, but I do not think he has actual birds for sale you could ask him though he is on this site :O) I do agree with blisschick avoid DixieBirds
    Denna

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  8. fallenweeble

Dec 4, 2007
    hi slo, do you have a pic of the little roo?
    that's actually what i'm sort of searching for.
    i don't want to keep a lot of roos, just a few, so i'm trying to make a very careful selection.
    thanks!

(great avatar by the way!)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  9. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

fallen,

i would be happy to supply you with eggs of the same birds sara has, both from me and from b.sparks. i may ship birds in the future , just depends on location.. i have never shipped before. none of my stock is from dixiebirds, i have no dealings with them... just let me know and i will try to get you some eggs if you like...

thanks denna for the nice comments...

frank/ae50mag

10. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    The eggs I hatched are from Frank, so he's got the same (and better) stock than I do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by