has anyone bought serama from . . .

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
dixie birds?
i am looking at a pair currently up for auction. if anyone has purchased birds from there before please let me know about your experience. (you can pm me if you don't want to post for all eyes).
thanks!

Dixie Birds are active members of the SCNA. I have seen
a lot of pics of their stock which I personally liked. They are people if I needed stock that I would consider buying from -

Dixiebirds is a scammer. He does not have what he advertises. He even says he got eggs from a particular breeder whose board I'm on, and the breeder has refused to sell him eggs. He has quite a track record, so I would avoid him.

Just seeing pictures along with weights of his birds makes me want to avoid him like the plague. 20 oz cockerel? That's huge. Not to mention poor type.

thanks ya'll,
i visited your website slo and i see you have chicks hatching - congrats!

Quote:
Our chicks are actually about a month old now, we've got 6. Looks like 4 boys 2 girls. I'm keeping one girl and at least 1 boy, if not two. And one of my kids is getting a pair, so that leaves a cockerel if you're interested.

If you are looking for eggs Frank (ae50mag) has great stock, but I do not think he has actual birds for sale you could ask him though he is on this site :O) I do agree with blisschick avoid DixieBirds
Denna

Last edited:
hi slo, do you have a pic of the little roo?
that's actually what i'm sort of searching for.
i don't want to keep a lot of roos, just a few, so i'm trying to make a very careful selection.
thanks!

(great avatar by the way!)

Last edited:
fallen,

i would be happy to supply you with eggs of the same birds sara has, both from me and from b.sparks. i may ship birds in the future , just depends on location.. i have never shipped before. none of my stock is from dixiebirds, i have no dealings with them... just let me know and i will try to get you some eggs if you like...

thanks denna for the nice comments...

frank/ae50mag

Back
Top Bottom