Has anyone built the Poulet Chalet from "Backyard Homestead"?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kristenm1975, Mar 21, 2012.

1. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I would love to see pictures of this coop design so I can understand better how its made.

Thanks!! :)

2. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I remember seeing that coop a while back-- this was a few months ago, right? The design is a 'garden coop' and there have been many people making their version of it. Many of them are posted here. One of them is REALLY nice, it's the Wichita Cabin Coop. There are a lot of pictures that make it easier to understand how it was built. Even if you google (in BYC) this coop, it will bring up other coops that were inspired by this one.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/wichita-cabin-coop

3. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    The coop I'm thinking of is more of a tractor, measuring only six feet by three feet, with handles for moving. Thank you though! :)

4. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    This is the image in the book, "The Backyard Homestead", now I'm really hoping someone will have actually made this coop and have pictures of either the coop or pictures of the construction of this coop, bonus! :)

[​IMG]

5. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I would love to have those of you seasoned coop builders advise on whether this style of siding above (book says to use cedar bevel siding) could be replaced with cheaper regular cedar fence boards? Just overlap them a little like I would the beveled stuff. Does that work?

I figured I'd ask before trying it and making myself frustrated. [​IMG]

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by