Has anyone converted a chicken eglu for ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ThinkingChickens, Nov 24, 2016.

1. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Hey guys. You are my experts. I've been a chicken owner for five years. We have a small, family pet, flock and they live in a Eglu Cube. We previously had three Eglu Go houses and I kept one. Now my kids are begging for a pair of ducks for pets. The Eglu house is nice for them to sleep and I have the yard space for water and foraging. The big question, can the chicken eglu be made to accommodate ducks? Has anyone done this? Is there a conversion kit or did you just use it with no roosting bars or? I'd love some feedback. =)

2. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Post pictures......Never, ever seen one..............

Cheers!

3. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Will do. Think of a plastic dog house. =) I'll take photos of mine tomorrow with the tray removed and you can tell me what you think.

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    The Go is the one on the ground, yes? Should work just fine for a pair of ducks, but I wouldn't get a large breed... only thing that bothers me about the Eglus is they don't look like they have enough ventilation...

What kind of ducks were you thinking of getting? Something smaller like Cayuga, Black East Indies or Calls would be fine in a setup like that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by