has anyone dealt with bresse farms?

Hi Lisa,
I am in FL too. The farm I think you are referring to is also in FL.
Originally I found them though an ebay listing. I have 14 eggs in bator now.

Packed Teally well for shipping . Individually in bubble wrap well spaced n layered amongst packing peanuts n single layer plastic.
they had a short trip, I let settle 36 hours then set, candled several hours after arrival - froth in one.
candled before set, definite dark (yolk?) In a few. Shell color making difficult on some.
won't know about veining for a rew more days.

The weather here makes it an iffy prospect ALL the time USPS does for the most part do a good job, No guaruntee on viability.
had 9 from in FL 1 hatched, previously had eggs from AZ, 1 of 3 survived

Best of Luck (n science)

I took on some extra cockerels from a friend who did a "resupply" order from them instead of Greenfire. 5 came here to grow out, hoping for 1 to keep for the breeder pen. None of them were suitable, much smaller than what I already had and they all lacked the width, built very narrow in the chest. Perhaps it was just a certain line from them... but I wasn't impressed and didn't retain any of the 5. Granted, 5 is a very small sample.

I'm really happy with the Bresse and Dwarf Orlandsk chicks I got from Bresse Farms...

But I never saw one in Hawaii to compare mine with others.

I know why I chose Bresse Farms over Greenfire~

$4.99 for white Bresse chicks, $12.99 for black and blues... $9.99 for Orlandsk Dwarfs; and $30 for the Deathlayers I'm saving up for...

With live chicks guaranteed!

I really appreciate the fact he offered to juggle my order after I sent a money order, so that I could get 2 blue and 2 black Bresse chicks too, because he knew I'd need them for a decent breeding project; and he wanted me to get blue Bresses too: even though it cost him money!

Not many people are like Justin anymore...

That's why I searched for a place to leave this review here.

Obtw... Bresse Farms, is in Mississippi.

Full disclosure...

I ordered 25 chicks from Murray McMurray; and 8 survived.

I spent 3 days pulling dead chicks out of my brooder!

McMurray offered to replace the chicks, and blamed me for not having a phone, even though I'd never mail order chicks, without being at the Post Office when they arrive!

That traumatized me so bad: I didn't mail order another chick since 1998; till nobody on the island is bringing them in anymore...

I got 15 Silkies in July from Ideal, and they all arrived in good health; but they were chirping loudly with hunger and thirst...

It was so nice to get my box opened, and see 17 happy quiet and contented chicks with two little dishes stapled to the inside of their box!

Murray McMurray and Ideal don't put anything in with their chicks.

He offered me three free chicks with my next order, for a good review; but he earned my good review before he hatched my chicks! when he showed me, he cares more about getting people good birds, than he cared about money.

17 healthy and content chicks, four of which cost $12.99; when I ordered 15, $5 and $10 chicks: are just one more reason why I appreciate him so much.

I just bought another order from Bresse Farms. The Post Office messed up and my chicks arrived one day late...

I was dreading having to open the box, and even asked if there was no noise in the box at all; to please not make me look in it.

But when they arrived, they were chirping happily. 3 were doa, and one died before I got them home; but most of the chicks are thriving!

• I bought from McMurray before, and they arrived on time; but 5 were dead, during the next few days 13 more died too: leaving me with 8 out of 25 chicks.

Why do Bresse Farms chicks survive a day longer?

First of all, Justin stapled little dishes inside of their box to make sure they'd have some sustenance. He stuck a hot pack on another side, and by the way the chicks peck at the floor: there's gotta be moisture or nutrients in it...

Anyways, mail order chicks from Bresse last at least 24 hours longer than chicks from Murray McMurray.

Not to mention the excellent advice he freely shares, which has made my flock more beautiful than if I ordered from anyone else.

His chicks are healthy and thriving. Even after 96 hours in a shipping box, most of them were kicking lively when I first picked them up. In the first two orders he shipped, they all arrived alive and in 100% health.

So far I received 3 orders, totalling 45 chicks, and I have 15 Deathlayers on order from Bresse Farms too.

Clean, healthy, beautiful chicks; from a well informed source who shares his knowledge freely, and he gave me the chicks he thought I needed!

"Gave," as in: he made sure I had all the chicks to breed the full range of Blue Bresse colors on birds that cost over twice as much as his White Bresse, after I only ordered White Bresse; and he didn't charge me accordingly. It was wise on his part, because I just paid for some more Blue Bresses; and I much prefer them to the White Bresse.

Justin is a breath of fresh air, a breed of man that's almost extinct.

I never met him before, but it feels like he's my older brother, and he's got my back. Nice guy, serious integrity in his business dealings; and if he ever comes to Hawaii, I hope to buy and drink a couple beers with him.

Because of the way he does business, I've bought 45 more chicks from him than my original plan; and his prices are so much lower than anyone else I found. I can easily sell chicks from Justin for a profit, before I have time to buy a handful of chick starter.

I enjoy shopping at Bresse Farms so much, I dread the day I buy the last chick I need from him, and having to buy chicks from another hatchery.

One other thing... Most of the chicks I bought from Bresse Farms are very affectionate pets; and they spend a lot of time perched on my shoulders nuzzling into my hair, and on my arms, hands, knees, etc... He sent me a Dwarf Olandsk that's more like a parrot than a rooster. That little guy loves to sit on my bed and watch movies with me. He's totally tuned into the screen, as long as there's a movie on it.

Of course, his seat is made from old newspapers; but he's never pooped in my house, or while he's perched on me.

All in all, there's not enough stars available on this site for doing justice to Justin and Bresse Farms.

My choice of stars to show everyone how happy I am to deal with Bresse Farms- I can't count. They consist of the Milky Way galaxy, and the Horse Head nebula.

Now that I bought 5 orders from Bresse Farms, I take back everything nice I said about that gashole!

The Nov. 9th order from Bresse Farms all died, after 72 hours from the shock of an extra day in the box; since his guarantee only counts for 72 hours, I didn't complain to him about them; but I lost the phone that was permanently logged onto BYC, and couldn't log back on here to report it until this morning.

I bought another order in November too. You would think that because the last batch arrived on Thursday, he wouldn't send them on the same week as Thanksgiving!

But that jerk sent them the same week as Thanksgiving, and they arrived on that Thanksgiving Thursday; and they all died too!

He offered to replace them last year, but I'm still waiting on them too.

The Post Master call me from the airport, and I had to pay a man to drive me 50 miles; because the Post Master couldn't stand spending all day hearing a box of chicks dying!

And the Deathlayers I ordered in August last year, still haven't arrived yet!

His excuse was that they stopped laying in the winter, but I ordered them last summer!

When I paid for the Deathlayers, and he owed me 3 chicks for reviews he offered to pay me 3 chicks me to write. Those are the good reviews I wrote on this subject.

But he still hasn't paid me for the good reviews, and he doesn't deserve one star or a good review!

I reminded him of how many chicks I bought, and asked: if I bought a whole order of Deathlayers, could the 3 chicks be Deathlayers too. He said, "He could do that."

Because I couldn't afford a whole order, and had to find someone else to buy most of them: the 3 chicks he promised me, were my commission for selling 15 $45 chicks! And buying 5 orders of chicks!

Jerk, I mean, Justin, waited from August and still hasn't sent me one Deathlayer!

I owe the man who bought most of the Deathlayers for the chicks Justin still didn't send!

I had constantly talked to Justin about selling his chicks at our local Farmers Market, and he knew that's why I was buying so many of his birds.

Instead of making a profit from my investment, I owe money to the man who invested with me; and Jerk Justin spent my money to raise the birds he still hasn't shipped me!

Since The Jerk knew the three Deathlayer chicks he owes me are my wages...

I would like to remind everyone about this Bible verse~

Deuteronomy 24:15
At his day thou shalt give him his hire, neither shall the sun go down upon it; for he is poor, and setteth his heart upon it: lest he cry against thee unto the LORD, and it be sin unto thee.

The sun has gone down on about 10 months without him paying me what he owes.

Nobody here knows me, and I can't prove anything I said here, but it's all true...

All I ask is, Will everyone here please say, Amen, to the scripture I posted...

If anything I said isn't true, let God's curse fall on me.

But If everything I said is true, Let God put his hand on Justin and all of his birds! So that everyone can see what a low life Justin at Bresse Farms is!

And remind him that stealing wages he owes is a sin that he deserves to be punished for.

Oh yeah, Justin sent the 2nd order I bought in November on the same permit he sent the November 9th order...

The Post Master called me at home after investigating him more; and told me that he never applied for the second permit!

That means he used up my one chance, and if anyone else ships me chicks without the proper permit, the Post Office won't deliver them to me!

She also said, He should never ship chicks on weeks with holidays.

Don't let him play ignorant with you, because he's been warned by the Post Master.

Another scam Justin runs is this.. We pay for guaranteed two day shipping, but if they come after 4 days... It looks like Justin keeps the money; and not only that but, he does it on purpose!

Justin told me that when my chicks showed up late, 10 boxes of chicks all died the same week!

We don't collects a dime of the insurance we buy, it looks like Bresse Farms collects the insurance, and then ships out another order! Almost doubling the money he collects on every sale he can get to arrive late.

His excuse... "The Post Office sucks."

That man ships chicks every week, and there's no excuse for blaming problems with shipping during the holidays to surprise him at all!

Acting surprised by 10 boxes of at least 150 dead chicks is just part of his slow, stupid, hillbilly act!

He does it on purpose!

Last edited:
My plan on selling chicks at the Farmers Market, Justin ruined.

He didn't send me two orders he owes me from last year, and I still owe money for the chicks he owes me!

The reputation I got for taking money, and not delivering chicks, belongs to Justin at Bresse Farms!

If I was in Mississippi, I'd stay up nights to ruin his life.

Back
Top Bottom