Has anyone ever got Polish chickens from the tractor supply store????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Desiree Brown, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Desiree Brown

Desiree Brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Schoharie NY
    we lost our flock 2 years ago and we decided to start fresh this year. I took my 6 year old to pick out his chickens at the tractor supply store (its more fun for him that way) the other 2 kids want a spacific breed. My 8 year old son wants to learn how to breed and show white crested black polish chickens. when we were there we seen a couple babys that looked like they may be polish so we bought him 2 so we can see if they are. one is all white/yellow with a small clump of fluff on there head and the other is light brown with a clump of fluff on his head. they were in the assorted bantam bin. could they be polish chicks???

2. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    it's possible my TSC hasn't gotten any banties in yet but i did get 2 silkies last year does the one brown one kinda favor chewbaca from star wars

3. Desiree Brown

Mar 14, 2012
    Schoharie NY
    yeah I guess.. he stands taller than the others and he is the biggest bantam we have. he kinda looks like he has a beard too, in a way. (the brown one)

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Check their feet if they have 5 toes it is a silkie or sultan. If not could be polish.

5. MarysChickens

MarysChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2012
    Grandview Texas
    I do know you can order specific chickens, ducks, etc from Tractor Supply. They have an order form you can fill out and they will mail them to you

6. PaintedWolf

PaintedWolf Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2012
    Kitsap WA
    Is your avatar one of the chicks you just bought? It sure looks like a polish to me.

7. Desiree Brown

Mar 14, 2012
    Schoharie NY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by