1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone ever had a Black Minorca?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Herechickychick, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Herechickychick

Herechickychick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Northern California
    Hi i'm debating on gettin a Black Minorca. I was just wondering what their temperment was, are the nice or mean? Any feedback would be nice. Thanks!![​IMG]

2. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    My 4h kids got a few black minorcas and buff minorcas. they are pretty good birds, a bit small but good layers. One of the kids uses her hen for showmanship!!

3. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I had a black Minorca hen - she wasn't really mean, but she was the least friendly of my clucks. She didn't want to be touched and was flighty.

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    I have a bantam black minorca hen, She is wonderful, we name her Furius becouse thats how she really is, she flies like bird, has no fear against the standard males, but she lets us hold her she just sits on your hand, and her babys are the same way. they love the attion, i think infact they get mad when they dont get the attion. They are great.

5. Herechickychick

Herechickychick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Northern California
    Oh good mabye i'll get one.[​IMG]

6. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    interesting thread...i'm considering ordering a few black minorcas this spring. does anyone else out there have experience with minorcas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by