Has anyone ever had their fortune read?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    A couple of friends of mine went to a little place on the boardwalk and had their fortunes read. They said it was a lot of fun. I do believe in people with psychic abilities, but I am skeptical of the little psychic shops and what not. Still, for five dollars it might be fun!

Has anyone here ever had their fortune read? If so, what did they tell you? Were they accurate about anything they told you?

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Bio GrandDad had his done "If you continue to live by violence you will die by violence"... don't recall now what the timeframe was, just remember the line, but he was shot in the head shortly (days-weeks) after hearing that.

Don't think anyone else has gone since... I'd really rather not know, you know?

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:My one friend said they told him when he was going to die. Whether they are right or wrong, I don't think I want to hear anything about my death!

4. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I went to one a few years ago, I was 8 weeks pregnant and of course not showing, but the first thing that flew out of her mouth was "you are pregnant" I knew I was, but I was shocked that she knew. She was also right on many other things. It was fun but I never went again.

5. Payette

Payette Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    Earth
    I have read my friend's palm before, and every prediction I made was correct ( so far ) Maybe I was really seeing the future, maybe I was just lucky that I guessed right. Who knows????? [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Had my palm read by a palm reader while I was in grade school, probably around third grade. Told me that I would live a very long time.

So far she has been right, I lived for another 30 some years after that LOL!

I am afraid to get it read again, meaning I don't have much time left on this earth. I'd rather not know of my demise.

7. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

I get my fortune told every year at the Renfest and also at the Psychic Fair when I go. I love it! One time it was really weird. The psychic took my hands and said she was looking for a message. We talked for probably 20 mins. It was only suppose to last 5. I then told her that she had to believe in herself before others could believe in her. She gave me an odd look and said...There it is.
    I didn't really get a reading for myself that day but felt strangly good about the reading I, oddly enough, gave her! Lol!

8. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I am a dog walker and had a booth at the local pet expo. I took my chocolate Lab with me for the day and as we were perusing the other vendors, we came upon a pet psychic. It was quite informative and fun.
    When I went to pick out my Lab, Raisin, there were 10 puppies in the barn (hunting stock dogs). When the breeder opened the gate all the puppies rushed out, running everywhere...except one...Raisin. He stayed ON MY SHOES the entire time. Almost ensuring that I take him with me. Of course, he is the one I chose. When I asked the psychic "I always wondered if Raisin was meant to be my dog, what do you think?" She said, "He chose you. You and he were together in another life and he knew you were to be together again." Funny!
    Then I asked how he felt about my other dog. Just that, nothing else. She said "He adores Midnight! He is his best friend!" Well, my other dog, Hunter is predominantly BLACK. Funny that Raisin calls him Midnight and this psychic had no idea of Hunter's color.

I walked away feeling very happy and more bonded to my dog. Best $20 I ever spent.

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I have had mine read many times. I have met some readers who were clearly very in tune and got awesome readings. I had some that were probably fakers or wannabes. So, I look for some one that has a good rep or that others I know have gone to.

One time my sister had a "reading party" the psychic was someone very expensive but she would do parties if there were 8 or 9 people and we split the cost. My then husband and I had been arguing on the way there about the color of our carpet. (This would be why he is an ex!) The woman walked into the room and completely ignoring the host's hand turned to me and said, "Knock off the arguing about the carpet color for heaven sake it's blue!" The color was a weird dark bluegreen. My mouth fell open and she said, "Let it go or I won't be able to read anything else off of you." That reading was freaky.

Another refused my money and said she would not read me. She said that I was as psychic as she was and I should be able to get the same messages on my own. [​IMG]

Only one was so dead accurate it still freaks me. She said I would lose my foundation soon and that I needed to know I would come out the other side. Then she said, "You will only marry once." I was already divorced so I was upset but she said legal marriage does not a marriage make. She told me I would marry when I was 36. She said I would have two kids. She said I would teach. She told me all of that when I was in my 20s and teaching was the farthest thing from my mind. Everyone of them came true. My mother passed away suddenly only a few months later. I got pushed into teaching by some one else and I love it.

If you get a good one record it or write down as much of it as you can and check on it on your birthday.....

10. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

Quote:That is sooo cool! I would love to meet up with a pet psychic. I would have lots of questions. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by