1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone ever had this happen???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MagsC, Aug 15, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Okay, I know I probably need to develop a bit thicker skin, but I am curious if this has ever happened to anyone.
    I have been looking for eggs and had this person out of the blue e-mail me and start the whole 20 questions thing. Luckily I have had enough experience with chickens growing up(farm kid!) and as an adult, research I have done online, PLUS this wonderful site to give halfway intelligent answers at least.
    Sigh. I am a little slow I guess because I thought they were just curious until the second e-mail, basically wanting to know where I lived and was it allowed and if I ended up with six roosters(coincidence? I have six banty eggs in the bator right now. Likely nothing but it creeped me out a bit.) how was I going to pacify the neighbors etc. etc. etc. Part of me still wants to believe they didnt mean to come across that way, I am not easily offended,but I have to admit feeling a LITTLE irritated. Probably because I was being treated like a two year old or someone that doesnt have a brain in their head.
    Again.Sigh.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks for letting me vent...

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Usually if some one I don't know emails me out of the blue, their message gets deleted unread. Too many scams out there these days........

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah. Point taken. Its what I SHOULD have done.[​IMG]
    I am only on a few groups, but that doesnt mean anything.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  4. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Ive had alot of people take an interest in my birds (some people intrest's more unhealthy than others) but at the end of the day you just have to remember we can all be a bit obsessive compulsive. (as long as they dont try to find out where you live and take your silkie/frizzle away [​IMG] )

Ps. that person didnt succeed, and Ezzyo is safe in my pen [​IMG][​IMG]

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Someone tried to take her?!? Well, I can see why they would want to! IMO she's the prettiest of your flock, but I like Afro too. [​IMG]

6. denahli

denahli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    [​IMG] that chickens got character! lol cute

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    She IS a cute chicken.[​IMG]
    The person did e-mail me back so I wanted to update this and say I strongly believe it was a misunderstanding. I can admit I was wrong and over-reacted. But it IS what I was hoping for, that the tone of the msg. was completely misunderstood.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by