Has anyone ever had varicose vein stripping surgery?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Robin'sBrood, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    My DH has to have this done to BOTH legs on Monday. He's an auto tech and has been on his legs, on concrete, for the past 25+ years and now he has terrible varicose veins... the right leg is so bad it has led to ulceration around his ankle, (like this.) [​IMG]
    It's a same day surgery, but I'm wondering what to expect as far as recovery goes. TIA!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I had it done on one leg from my groin to behind my knee. It was as thick as a pencil and twisted, really ugly. Came home an hour later, kept leg up rest of that day and was back to normal in 24 hours! Good luck! You'll be glad once it's over![​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My pastor's wife had it and it helped her tremendously. Her recovery was short.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I have had it done on both legs. Painful for a couple days after and had to be careful not to run into things, but I am sooooo glad I had it done!

5. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I am having the same surgery on Monday also, I just took my Xanax that they gave me to calm me down for the surgery (he told me take a half a pill this weekend to see if that will work or if I will need a whole one on Monday) It knocked my butt out for about 2 hours, I am just now half normal feeling! I hope that he and I both come through this ok, thankfully I never developed the sores like that!

6. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    ^ Best wishes to you for your surgery and recovery too.

Thanks to those of you who said it was well worth it. I don't think he has much of a choice since his one leg is getting so bad, but it's nice to know that it was worth any pain that was involved. [​IMG]

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I will will be sitting in my dear blind on Monday. Not surprizely that's when I feel closest to God. I'll be sure and remember Robin's husband and MomtoSyd&Emma when I talk with him.

8. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Thanks, Opa... [​IMG] Hope you get a 12 point deer! [​IMG]

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Thanks, As the yoopers from Michigan's Upper Penisula would say "I want to get me a turdy point buck". [​IMG]

10. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Thank you! I go in at 1:10 today to get mine done, lets pray that we both get the best results possible!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by