Has anyone ever heard of

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickfever, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    an "old fashioned red wyandotte"?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    is it possible that this is just a blrw? Anyone know? Now I'm curious and it will eat at me for the next 2 or 3 weeks [​IMG].

3. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    not me but i dont know a whole lot about wyandottes

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    My guess would be that it has to do with body type, ect. Like maybe it's type is closer to the way there were historically. Not sure though.

5. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  6. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    When I was a member of the wyandotte breeders club there were a couple breeders with red wyandotte bantams. I have never heard of them being 'old fashioned', could you be thinking of rose combed rhode island reds?

7. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I don't have a clue what they are [​IMG]. I spoke to a guy who said he was getting some "old fashioned red wyandottes" in a few weeks. Of course, I'll be calling back to see if he has them and I'll be driving the hour drive anyway so I just might stop by and see them [​IMG]. I was just wondering if they were legit since I've never heard of them or seen them and, I wanted to see a pic of some. He said he was getting RIR, doms, and ofrw.

At the bottom of this page is a pic of a bantam red wyandotte roo: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~whitewyandottes/other.htm

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by