Has anyone ever kept a rooster because it was just too pretty to kill?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by floridachickhatcher, Jul 10, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Im hatching out chicks and i have 2 RSL roosters and i know when they grow up they will be white with black specks or stripes on them not sure yet this is my first time having them and then i have 2 white chicks with red stripes and they are just sooo pretty i think they are ambers and i have been thinking when the time comes when they are older since i hatched them out from babies and raised them do i really want to sell/give such a beautiful rooster to someone who is going to kill them??I mean i wont be able to keep them cause it will cost alot to feed them and worry about if they will ever try and flog me but at that point looks wont save them anymore [​IMG]

[​IMG] heres my first RSL roo
    [​IMG] and the white/red striped one

heres my new ones that hatched out this weekend
    [​IMG] the RSL roo is still wet and then the white/red striped is next to him and above him is a gold looking chick

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Just to clarify, your rsl roos will be white with red on the wing/shoulder, mostly. Not black.

3. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:well my RSL i made them by crossing RIR roo with WR hen and the one i have now that is going on 3 weeks this Wed he still has black on him though and then my Ambers they look the way you are describing the RSL roos cause his wing tips are red with a lighter white on them i need to snap a pic of him/her i dont know the sex of the chick yet

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

Here's mine.. he's a perfect sweetheart too.. and our alpha roo... he's a mutt.. but all his sons look like him
    (crappy cell phone pic.. I really do need to find out what's wrong with our camera)

5. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

What a handsome guy, Yinepu! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by