Has anyone ever made a fish tank inspired by Takashi Amano?

I used to breed discus that I sold to local pet stores and would love to have a display tank like his. Truly beautiful, but very expensive. I had a number of breeding and grow out tanks as well as a large display tank with all live plants based on a Amazon Basin black water theme. Between work and school at the time it just took too much time to maintain and I eventually sold out everything that I had. Wish I still had the display tank. Shoals of tetras and coriadoris swimming around three breeding pairs of beautiful discus. Didn't look nearly as nice as his, but it was still really gorgeous. I've seen his tanks in the past in books and they are always that best of the best.

Last edited:
very... very... expensive...

but very simple... find a good rimless tank... over here there's a company called cadlights aquariums... they make nice rimless tanks with out or with overflow boxes... even starphire tanks... then you'll need a gravel,dirt mix that works for the types of plants you want... that's important... just pick about three plants... get some nice rocks, african drift wood, and get about three species of fish... some shrimps too... get a good CO2 system, some canisters and get some glass returns and intakes... also some fine bubble makers on a timer... oh, and most important lights... if you want to go cheap, get T5HO's from a hydroponic store... they're way cheaper than at an aquarium shop... or, you can get some metal halides... those look nice, but are high powered...

check out http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ for some more help... i don't have a planted tank myself, but i am part of several aquarium clubs... mostly reef clubs... amano tanks are an art, and require a ton of patience... and money... LOL...

good luck...

Back
Top Bottom