Has anyone ever ordered Sandhill's Langshans or Sumatras?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by keesmom, Oct 19, 2009.

1. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Does anyone have any of Sandhill's Langshans or Sumatras (smooth or frizzled)? Were you happy with the quality of the birds?

-Cindy in MA

2. NancyE

NancyE Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2010
    North Missouri
    I would be interested in hearing about these birds too.
    I noticed the frizzle Sumatras on Sand Hills website and have been considering ordering a few. Would love to see pictures??!

3. upintheholler

upintheholler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    A good friend of mine ordered Dorkings and Marans from them.The chicks was very healthy I was impressed with the quality.

4. sumatra

sumatra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    NW PA
    I've gotten frizzles from them twice. They are pretty good birds. I have a homozygous frizzle roo who was so ugly as a chick that I really wondered if he wasn't a turkey or something. He still isn't pretty, but all my others are good looking. You will get non frizzles, too, so order extra. I thought all hatcheries sent them mixed up just like they hatched, but then I got frizzle Cochin from Ideal. All of them were curly.

5. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Quote:Did you get their mixed frizzles or the frizzled sumatras? If you got frizzle sumatras do you have any pictures?

I would prefer to get both frizzled and non-frizzle anyway, since you don't want any homozygous offspring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by