Has anyone ever "speed dated"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    In honor of valentine's day, our college held a little speed dating event on Monday. A group of friends and myself went just for fun and to see who else came out. Of course the event brought out quite a few weirdos, but we had fun and I actually met a couple of people I wouldn't have otherwise talked to. I think I had the most fun just finding out about people!

I was matched with this one guy who was actually very nice. I sent him an e-mail, so we'll see. It would be nice if I gained a new friend out of the whole experience.

Anyways, has anyone else ever done this? What were your experiences and why did you do it? I had fun at the college event and it was very safely done, but I don't think I would ever do it to seriously look for someone. My group of friends and I just considered it all in good fun.

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I never did, but if I ever found myself single, I'd give it a try. Good luck to ya!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The closest I got was one date with Ken and then I never left. That's pretty darned fast!

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL, I remember seeing speed dating in an episode of the simpsons. When I heard they were having the event here at college I had to give it a try! I'm single and happy the way I am currently, but if the right guy came around...who knows?

I was a little scared when I walked in and saw some of the crowd the event had drawn. There were definitely some weird people! Surprisingly most of the girls were all fairly normal and they were all very nice as I've had classes with most of them. The guys on the other hand...that was a whole different story! Luckily you just checked NO for the ones you didn't want to hear from again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by