Has anyone ever tried to freeze a bumble?

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
I use canned air to shrink bushings and other press fit items at work, by holding the can upside down You can get liquid CO2 which isn’t quite liquid nitrogen but it’s damn cold. I fill a small cup or can to the desired level and put the par in to freeze and shrink. I have also removed skin tags from my dog this way and the Dr has a similar process for warts. They use a small funnel with a rubber tip just big enough for the wart the blast it with the stuff.
I was doing some freezing today and it got me wondering if it would work for a bumble, if one froze the bumble would the connected tissue freeze and ultimately let the bumble go? Like it does with a wart?

I use canned air to shrink bushings and other press fit items at work, by holding the can upside down You can get liquid CO2 which isn’t quite liquid nitrogen but it’s damn cold. I fill a small cup or can to the desired level and put the par in to freeze and shrink. I have also removed skin tags from my dog this way and the Dr has a similar process for warts. They use a small funnel with a rubber tip just big enough for the wart the blast it with the stuff.
I was doing some freezing today and it got me wondering if it would work for a bumble, if one froze the bumble would the connected tissue freeze and ultimately let the bumble go? Like it does with a wart?
I don't think it would work. Bumblefoot is essentially a staph infection. But gosh it sure would be convenient if that did work! I've had stuff frozen off of me and it didn't hurt at all. Would be great to have a pain-free option for the poor chickens.

Back
Top Bottom