Has anyone ever used Angel Food Ministries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Everyone keeps asking about money-saving tips, well, this is the place! You get so much food for very little compared to store prices! I'm contacting my host site tomorrow to place my order!

angelfoodministries.com

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, and still do. When we lived with several older neighbors, we would offer to drop off orders and pick them up for them, at the preschool I worked at we would take orders for the parents and have them in the fridge the following Monday, for those who worked weekends. Now then you'll need to look at this too:

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/angelfood/

After all you'll still have to cook with it.

Well it seems I've already missed the order date for September (dang po-dunk town
rant.gif
), so I'll have to wait till October to get started. I can't believe how much this will save! Just the basic package is probably as much meat as I am able to buy for the whole month!

ETA: Cause I don't have the $$ to order online right now.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that some of the meat was disappointing.

We have used them, and really enjoyed it. Only problem we had with it is our family is large (totalling 7) so to have enough to feed my family I have to buy at least two of every box. Which still only comes up to about $200 for the month. Not bad, IMO. Most of the Angel Foods I use to make "school lunches" for my kids, since we homeschool.
smile.png

I don't buy them every month, as they are portioned more for families of 4 or less, and for my family it's easier and a bit cheaper for me to buy things in bulk.

I've not used them but looking at their Thanksgiving meal for $36 I know I can go to the store and buy all of those items for less.

Quote:
I can easily spend $200 on a weeks worth of grocery's

Never knew about this thanks so much for sharing
hugs.gif

I hope others will tell of their experience with it here also.

Quote:
I can easily spend $200 on a weeks worth of grocery's

Never knew about this thanks so much for sharing
hugs.gif

I hope others will tell of their experience with it here also.

You are most welcome. I have been known to spend $100 each trip to the store, and that is at least every 10 days! Plus that's only when I can afford it
roll.png
This will certainly help me and mine out
smile.png

For a family of 4 I spend $60 - 110 a week. That includes diapers and cleaning items.

There is a AFM right down the road from me. I never knew what they were but I think they got into some kind of trouble here in the past few months..

If we all have the money to buy poultry feed every month maybe we should leave programs like this for those who can't afford to feed their children.

I couldn't in good conscience use a service like this while buying feed for the birds I've got and in some cases more birds and hatching eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom