1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone ever...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kyrose, Jul 6, 2011.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    bought ducks from purely poultry? i follow them on facebook and they seem real nice.family run.if not i was thinking of going with metzer.heard good things about them.
    thanks

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I can only say after getting on their website, looks like they are affiliated with efowl. Although I have never ordered from efowl I have seen many negative posts on here about them. I would go with Metzer.

Let me also add: I've seen many positive posts concerning Metzer. [​IMG]

I've only ordered from Cackle and Marti's Poultry. I have had good experiences with both.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    thanks for the response.my problem is i only want 3 or 4 so i need a place that does small orders..

4. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Ohhh Gottcha. That makes sense. Well, be sure to post your experience.

Actually there is an ad on this page for www.mypetchicken.com. It says you can order as low as 3, but I wonder if they have ducks.

5. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:mpc only sells chickens,but ive used them numerous times and love them..

6. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Now that the rush is over and the weather is warmer many waterfowl places will sell on a phone call, drawbacks limited selection and shipping will seem high for only a few birds.

7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Please know that if you ordered your ducks from Purely Poultry, you would not be getting them from efowl.

8. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    If you do decide to give us a try, although we do not divulge our suppliers, we wouldn't be sending them from efowl.

9. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    Quote:With all I've read about efoul, this ^ is good info to know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by