1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone ever..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by laceynoelle, Sep 8, 2011.

1. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Gotten a pregnant animal off of Craigslist? I got my cat, Claire as an 8 month old 'fixed' cat, then two weeks later she had 6 kittens. Its was really hard on her, she almost died. [​IMG] I mean, I dont mind that she had them, but why be dishonest? This is the first time this has happened to me, so Im just wondering. Is craigslist a generally sketchy place?

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I think that Craigslist is like any other community, online or off. Good people, sketchy people and everyone in between. That is pretty crummy to be so blatantly dishonest [​IMG]

3. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Well that's just plain terrible. How do people like that sleep at night?

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Anyone that would do that has no morals. They would sleep fine at night.. [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I don't know about it not hitting their mind at all, I think its just the fact that cats these days are about as abundant as gnats. And people go through whatever measures to get rid of them, especially pregnant ones.

That is pretty terrible though [​IMG]

6. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    I hope YOU get her fixed!

7. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    craigslist is famous for it's sketchiness

i mean you can do/get all kinds of illegal things there

8. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Someone has a preggo basset hound on ours to give away. Its been bred to a bosto terrier! I asked but my wife said no!lolThe ones that upset me are the ones that are giving away a 10-15 year old pet. How can you keep one that long and then just give it away? By that time mine are part of the family and would never leave us!

9. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Quote:Yeah, when I get an animal its like a comitment, you cant just throw it away. My dog is 12 this year, and I couldnt dream of getting rid of her.

Claire is due to be spayed, dont worry. Theres a free spay/nueter program here, so Im going to make sure the kittens are too before they go.

10. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Quote:Yeah, when I get an animal its like a comitment, you cant just throw it away. My dog is 12 this year, and I couldnt dream of getting rid of her.

Claire is due to be spayed, dont worry. Theres a free spay/nueter program here, so Im going to make sure the kittens are too before they go.

Good girl!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by