Has anyone every seen and egg this small!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sweetpeasmom, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sweetpeasmom

sweetpeasmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    I was just out in the chicken lot a few minutes ago, when I noticed most of the chickens fighting over something. I of course had to go see what the commotion was all about and to my surprise I found them fighting over the smallest egg that I have ever seen. In the picture it is shown beside a silkie egg and a regular egg for comparison. Let me know what you all think. I think it is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
    [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    it IS cute..

3. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    it is a fairy egg i got some of those it is a oops in the egg factory it is nothing but egg white.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] YES, I have one in the kitchen the size of a DIME! I posted pic's of it a while ago - the smallest dern thing I have ever seen!

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I've had those with my bantams. Someone on here told me they were called "fart eggs"!!!! And no yolk - all white too.

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    My chickens haven't laid any of those yet but my mom has had two (she gave them both to me). [​IMG] Aren't they just too adorable!!! I call them "wind eggs". [​IMG]

Edited because I SWEAR my mother didn't lay those eggs. Her chickens did!!! LOL

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  7. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    I have heard them called hiccup eggs!
    They are like a glich in the girls reproductive system.
    They are so cute. Can you blow it out?

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:If you just keep it the insides will eventually dry out and you don't have to worry about blowing it out. [​IMG]

9. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awwww, what a cute fart egg !!!!

10. sweetpeasmom

sweetpeasmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    That is really neat about the no yolk, all white. I am not going to crack it to see. I am going to keep it. The ladies I work with are always asking about my chicken and stuff, they will love it. I also have been getting one blue/green egg a day, which I am really excited about considering I didn't know I had an chicken that would lay colored eggs. Now the hard part will be to figure out who is laying it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by