Has Anyone Had A Chick With Wings Like This Before??!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PamB, Jan 15, 2011.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I hatched this silkie baby on New Years Eve. He/she is a little odd looking and uncoordinated, but I think that just makes me love the little one even more! He/she was born with curled toes but I fixed that with little homemade shoes that straightened the toes out in just a day or so. This baby seems healthy. Eats, drinks, runs around....just a bit unstable at times. His/her wings are now coming in very strangely. Anyone ever seen this before and know what is wrong?? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How cute is that?!! [​IMG]

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I thought it was frizzle at first, but now I don't. Hopefully someone will know what's going on [​IMG]

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    b.hromada :

How cute is that?!! [​IMG]

x2​

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Angel wings?

Not sure but if it has frizzle genes, it could be a frizzle.

6. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I purchased the egg that he was hatched from, so I guess that is a possibility. Do frizzles have wings like that?? I know none of my other silkie babies have those wings! [​IMG] Unfortuately, this was the only egg that hatched, so I have none from that batch I purchased to compare him/her to.

7. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    we had a BO chick whose wings came really weird like that but she turned out ok, a little smaller than the rest but all else was fine.

8. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:Oh, that is good to know!! Thanks for telling me that! [​IMG]

9. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Reminds me of the god, Mercury. That would be a great name! Cute as heck. Now I want chickies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by