Has anyone had luck getting true "Ameraucana" chicks from Tractor Supply?

Etorb1

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2020
I was at tractor supply today to purchase some cornish crosses, and they happened to have some chicks labeled as " Ameraucana. " My girls thought the idea of blue eggs was amazing so I picked up 2 to add to my flock. I am looking online and it seems most people's Ameraucana chicks from TSC turn out to be Easter eggers. I am just curious if anyone has gotten a true Ameraucana from TSC? On a side note, if my kids are interested in showing chickens down the road, is it best to buy from somewhere else? I am having doubts about the ability to know what you are getting from TSC. Thanks

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
I was at tractor supply today to purchase some cornish crosses, and they happened to have some chicks labeled as " Ameraucana. " My girls thought the idea of blue eggs was amazing so I picked up 2 to add to my flock. I am looking online and it seems most people's Ameraucana chicks from TSC turn out to be Easter eggers. I am just curious if anyone has gotten a true Ameraucana from TSC? On a side note, if my kids are interested in showing chickens down the road, is it best to buy from somewhere else? I am having doubts about the ability to know what you are getting from TSC. Thanks
If you paid less than $20 per chick, they were not Ameraucana. They were Easter Eggers.

BreezyBre

Songster
Apr 6, 2018
San Diego CA
The only thing you can guarantee by buying at tractor supply is that you are getting a bird lol Any store these days sells "ameraucana's" are selling Easter eggers ,the only way you're going to find a true Ameraucana is from an actual qualified breeder.

Etorb1

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2020
Thanks for the input. I kind of thought as much. They are still cute, and hopefully we will get some colored eggs.

Top Bottom