Has anyone had success after a temp hike?

WOW! 109 for an hour? I wouldn't just throw them out but 104 in the egg is bad an an hour is enough time for the eggs to stabilize pretty well with the incubator.
sad.png

IF the temperature was "air-temperature" rather than a temperature from within something like a "water-wiggler", I would think that your chances are better to still have a hatch. And, of course, the converse would also hold true. (Just my uninitiated opinion)

The temperature in the egg itself would likely not rise as dramatically as your air temperature (there would be some delay).

So, I think you may still get your hatch perhaps.

idunno.gif

GOOD LUCK !
fl.gif
wink.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Thanks guys---it was air temperature and I am not sure how long it was 109---it might have been less than an hour. If no hatching happens--I will start over with another batch (the eggs were free) but my kids will be disappointed

Don't give up. I had a temp hike of 110 when I got up one morning. I don't know how long it was that high but I had 50% hatch. There was a lady that came on here from TX and told me they hatch eggs in TX with the temp being 110 outside.

Lots of good hatches with temp spikes...even up to 107 degrees for God knows how long.

In fact, better hatches than my last few dismal ones with a new hovabator set at 100.

I set new eggs a couple of days ago and cranked that heat up to 101.5. I've always had better hatches at higher temps. Maybe it has something to do with being in Florida ???? doesn't make sense, but that is the only difference from my previous homemade bator.

My homemade bator had air temp swing like crazy because I used a hot water heater thermostat...and I still had great hatches. The hovabator forced air at a constant 99.8 - 100 has produced three miserable hatches.

I had a spike to 134, yes 134 and still had one chick hatch. DO NOT give up on them. I had to help the lil bugger out but she made it and she's three months old now.

Back
Top Bottom