Has anyone heard about antibiotics no longer being sold at Farm Stores

hayley3

Free Ranging
16 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
I'm just giving a heads up, I was told at Tractor Supply that Tylan 50 will no longer be sold in stores, but then I read that no antibiotics will be available without a prescription anymore because people are using it for Covid. Has anyone else heard anything?
Out of 8 stores, I found Tylan 50 at only one store and it was the last one.

I'm just giving a heads up, I was told at Tractor Supply that Tylan 50 will no longer be sold in stores, but then I read that no antibiotics will be available without a prescription anymore because people are using it for Covid. Has anyone else heard anything?
Out of 8 stores, I found Tylan 50 at only one store and it was the last one.
Seriously? People are self medicating themselves for Covid? Hmm, what's this world coming too.

Back in 2017, most farm stores stopped selling many oral antibiotics due to emerging antibiotic resistance. You can get certain antibiotics online. Tylosin (generic Tylan) powder for the water is available from Jedds here:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder
QCSupply sells the injectable Tylan 50 that can be given orally to chickens. California residents can get very few antibiotics for chickens.

Back in 2017, most farm stores stopped selling many oral antibiotics due to emerging antibiotic resistance. You can get certain antibiotics online. Tylosin (generic Tylan) powder for the water is available from Jedds here:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder
QCSupply sells the injectable Tylan 50 that can be given orally to chickens. California residents can get very few antibiotics for chickens.
I bought some Medistatin from Jedd's and could not figure out the math on the dosage for a chicken because the dosage was for a tiny bird.

I know some folks around here that took Ivermectin bought from TSC for Covid.
I've seen Tylan 200 injectable, LA200, and Tetracycline soluble powder at our TSC. It flies off the shelf quickly though. Restocking is dead slow, hit and miss.
There are online sites that sell fish antibiotics that we sometimes recommend for chickens and they are effective products. No scripts needed most of the time depending what site it is.

Self medicating for covid with chicken products? Just 3 days ago I qlmost bought some just in case. Did not realize this was happening. Wow. Now there will be even less for the chickens.
Yeah, Ivermectin only. It seemed to work against Covid from what I've read from studies but still I'm not sure. Of course big pharma wouldnt go for it if it were true if Ivermectin was effective preventing Covid. I'm staying out of it, not worth worrying.

Back
Top Bottom