Has anyone heard of a chelation therapy Doctor?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ginbart, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    My DFIL is now going to one instead of a real doctor and I need some informatin on them.

Thanks.

2. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I don't know much about them but a friend that started said there were a lot of ppl with good results there. It's in VA.

3. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    He had gone there before and spent a lot of money and he has blockage in his heart that he thinks these people can help him. He stopped taking all his meds I just don't know what to do this him. He listens to the short wave radio and believes everything he hears.

Thanks I hope they help him.

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Chelation cleans out impurities in the blood, but stopping medication is not a good idea unless instructed to do so by your MD.

5. sj3364

sj3364 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Chelation is only approved for use in heavy metal poisoning. Unethical practitioners will use it to "cure" everything from heart disease to autism. Risks include "permanent kidney damage or failure. Deaths have occurred in some chelation studies". (From the Mayo Clinic website.)

Here and here are a couple links. Googling "Risks of Chelation Therapy" will find you more along with the proponents of this practice (anyone with Alternative, Alt. or Complementary, CAM in their name will be the ones promoting this). The evidenced and science based medical community will recommend the proven and FDA approved treatments for the medical conditions claimed to be treated by these others.

I encourage you to become educated on this issue and encourage your DFIL return to a qualified doctor who will treat him with proven medicine.

6. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    My dad did that for what seemed like a year, 3 days a week.

Not sure it did anything for him but it did cost some $$$ (their friend paid for it-no name since you might recognize it)

He was trying to said his feet from the effects of diabetes. They probably told him it would help his heart or that he had heavy metal poisoning from hunting as a kid.

Me, would not go and do it

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    I know a man who lives by it. turned his life around. last time i saw him he actually looked 10 years younger and was doing awesome. I really don't understand it -- so I can only tell you what I saw in this man.

8. MommyMagpie

MommyMagpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Salem/Jarvisville, WV
    I have a client who is seeing one, combined with a nutritionist, an allergist and a feng shui practitioner. He has a lot of symptoms of heavy metal toxicity, so I think it's probably justified in his case. As with many health treatments, there are many factors to consider and it may or may not be the right choice for everyone.

9. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Thanks I really don't think it's the right choice for him because he was there before and it did nothing.

He said the doctors put rat poison in his meds so he won't take them.

10. sj3364

sj3364 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Quote:This sounds like he may be suffering from some form of dementia. Has he been screen for Alzheimer? Paranoia is a symptom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by