Has anyone here ever ordered from efowl.com?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickchickchiky, Mar 15, 2012.

1. chickchickchiky

chickchickchiky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I just ordered 15 chicks from this website and wanted to get some feedback good or bad. This is the first time i order chicks to be shipped so i am a bit paranoid about it. I have had chickens before but it's been a while.

We bought our ranch 2 years ago and have now gotten to where we want to have chickens. Coup is almost complete. I bought 6 chicks from TSC and they are thriving in the brooder not sure on the breed all i know is they will be white when grown lol. So any impute out there from these folks? My order should be shipped around the 28th of this month and i don't want surprises. I ordered 5 Rhode Islands pullets 5 Jersey Giant pullets and 5 assorted heavy breeds so i can get a Roster or 2.

2. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    They just had a post on this not long ago. Summarizing, It seems that efowl steals photos from people for their "example" photos, and drop ship from other breeders/hatcheries, but on the upside, the quality of chicks seems to be an okay thing.

3. chickchickchiky

Mar 15, 2012
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Thanks! After i posted this i searched for stuff on this forum about them and that seemed to be the general consensus i guess when i get mine we will see if it's true. I am excited so i hope they are healthy [​IMG]

4. Imma Okie

Imma Okie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2011
    Oklahoma
    So? How were the chicks? I have read a lot of comments about efowl.com, but very little follow up.
    The worst I have read is "they steal other's pictures" and they quote different shipping dates.
    I would like to hear more about the chicks that are ordered. What I have read, from people that actually ordered chicks, is they arrived healthy.
    How was your experience?
    Thanks.

5. chickchickchiky

Mar 15, 2012
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I ordered from them and had no issues at all just took a while for the order to be filled. I orderd 15 chicks got 18the and all are alive and kicking

6. Imma Okie

Imma Okie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Thank you! I am so glad that you had no problems!

I am not one to be spoon fed. I like to know as much as I can on both sides. One of my sons found some birds that are hard to find on efowl.com. Naturally, I wanted to check around before he spent his money. I am letting him make the decision but I want him to be as informed as possible.
    I would rather get my birds from local people, but in this case that isn't an option.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by