Has anyone here had experience with Agway chicken feeds, I have had INTERESTING RESULTS

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by redrstr29, Oct 22, 2013.

1. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Ok so I asked this question in another forum, so Im going to ask it here also, SWell its not so much of a question as it is me inquiring if anyone else had had such results ok...

Well I have had amazing results using "blue Seal" feed with my layer hens, (and rabbits, which I use their 18% pellets) when my fees store is closed that sells blue seal and Im down to the last scoop of mash, since I sometimes forget to stock up before im done [​IMG] im guilty of being a scatter brain, Then Im forced to go to Agway and pick up a bag of their mash, which by the way is 4 more dollars per 50 lb bag than blue seal, and blue seal is a MUCHHHHHHH higher quality of chicken food... kind of like comparing new york strip steak to ground chuck [​IMG] well the month I feed agways food, I find that egg production starts to dwindle byu the end of the second week, shells become thinner and the weight of the egg also lessons, I mean Im not doing this in a completely controlled enviroment but I know what my girls eat lol, [​IMG] then I go back to blue seal, the eggs start gaining weight and im getting a steady amount of eggs again by the 2nd week and no more thin shell...Also Blue seals feed has nice pieces of corn in it that you can see,no flakes and minced other products, over all it looks like a more heartier feed, it just aggravates me that agway has the gull to charge so much more for their feed, on top of having such a less comperable product.

Thanks guys for listening, what do ya'll think

Aldo

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    The only way to find out is try it yourself, but I'm pretty sure it's no better than any feed with comparable iingredients.

Companies aren't above having employees post such things on the net

3. redrstr29

redrstr29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Oh im not an employee....just a consumer, I kind of did my own test, by trial and error, Agways' seal says it has all the ingredients but either its not mixed well or some bags are laking, agways isnt even a mash it kind of looks like ground up cardboard it resembles dandruff flakes only brown color, blue seal looks so nice and colorful in comparison, you can see all the ingredients practically

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by