Has anyone incubated eggs purchased from Ebay?

JacinLarkwell

Free Ranging
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
I got 12 Ayam Cermani eggs from a seller that's also on here (can't remember her username though :/)

4 developed that I knew of, 1 quit around day 7-9, 1 had a double membrane and never got through the second membrane and 2 hatched.

BUT I wasn't aware that you needed to stand them fat end up for 24 hours before incubating. I'm sure if I had I would have had better rates

Eggscaping

Enjoying Life!
Premium Feather Member
Dec 4, 2018
Lakeside, Oregon
I purchased 6 and all are fertile! I hope the hatch rate is successful. I’m on day 11 and all embryos are showing life during candling.
I bought 6 eggs (Swedish Flower Hen) from a wonderful lady over EBay. She sent 8, the packaging was excellent, all went into the incubator of a first time ever chicken egg incubator (me) and all 8 hatched!

Eggscaping

Enjoying Life!
Premium Feather Member
Dec 4, 2018
Lakeside, Oregon
I purchased 6 and all are fertile! I hope the hatch rate is successful. I’m on day 11 and all embryos are showing life during candling.
Also there are several VERY good articles under the section "hatching and incubating eggs"in the Forums. You can search using the little magnifying glass on the upper right hand of your screen.

Blue_dingo

Songster
May 21, 2019
Central Valley California
I am on my 4th batch of chicken eggs from ebay and have had decent reaults with the exception of one batch. That batch had a rough go in shipping and was packaged by an inexperienced shipper so i think that was the cause but that happens. All in all my numbers are still around 50%, and I have been able to get specific breeds without dealing with a hatchery. Also, it allows you to make contact with some poultry folks who you can hit up in the future.
Currently, I am on day 12 of some Bantam Brahmas and have 6/7 looking good!!! I cldnt find Bantam Brahmas anywhere near me cept for good ol Ebay. Good luck!!

Jan 4, 2020
Arlington Washington
95% of my chimkens came from Foxfire on eBay. Got lucky and ran into a good shipper with beautiful birds. 50% to 80% hatch rates. Humidity was too high in first incubation, which left half of them dead in shell.

Good luck with your hatch!

EBay babies :)
DA4747DA-C6E4-4F76-98D1-8727A1D7AC0D.jpeg

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom