Has Anyone Listed On "RuralClassifieds.com"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ranchhand, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have an ad on the local Craig's List for my roos. The only response I've had is from a person telling me that www.ruralclassifieds.com is another site to consider when listing the roos.

I looked it over and it looks pretty good. Apparently the emailer runs the site, and when I emailed a question, he responded within the hour and was very polite and well spoken- er, written!

It runs the gamut from livestock to farm equipment. Ads within your state are free, regional and national ads have fees.

Has anyone ever listed there, and is so, what was your experience like?

2. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Nope. Will have to check it out. Thx for the heads up.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have never even hear of it. I am not a Craig's list fan......

4. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'm not a fan of Craig's List either, but sometimes it works for me. I met a fellow BYC'er from a chair I had listed! But usually, it's spam or phishing. [​IMG]

This website looks pretty legit, I just want to know if anyone has tried it and what their experience was like. Worse comes to worse, I'll try it and report back! [​IMG] , can't resist a challenge.......

5. raneydayfarm

raneydayfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    I've never tried Rural Classifieds either but we also had a listing on Craigslist and got the same email about also posting there. I must admit I didn't even go check out the site I just deleted the email. I guess I will have to check it out.

6. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Being naturally suspicious, I didn't click on the link in the email. NEVER a good idea, BTW. I typed in the URL in Explorer- it looks like the guy, Paul, is surfing and emailing to build up the site.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Your probably gonna laugh, but I thought that was a dating site lol.

9. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Well it sort of IS a dating site, if you're looking for a date for chickens, goats, horses, tractors....... [​IMG]

Speckled Hen, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by