1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has Anyone Noticed That BK Hamburgers Have Gotten Smaller?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deb1, Oct 22, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    It has been a long time since I had a whooper. So, we decided to get one.

The sandwich seemed smaller and the meat didn't fill up the bun. Plus it tasted less delicious then I remember.

Have any of you noticed a change in BK?

We got some hamburger and seasoned it with golden onion soup mix. We made our own hamburgers from that. Very good and much better then what we got at BK.

Still, I am disappointed that after denying myself a whooper for so long that when I finally bought one it was not good.

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    fast food places all over america are shrinking the actual size of the burger. I remember when the big n tastey first came out at McDonalds. 2 months later it was dinky. Shucks, I'll pay more, just give me what I wanted in the first place ACK!

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    You all still eat out at fast food??? [​IMG]

Boyd - love that new comment line on your post.

4. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:It was a splurge, although I wish that I hadn't. If I am going to spend money on food that is bad for me, I want it to taste good.

I like homemade quarter pounders now. [​IMG]

How the heck does BK make any profits? With food quality dropping and those creepy ads with the man with the big head, I don't really like the place anymore.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    There are no BKs by us, but the same thing happens with diapers. I remember when you used to get 40 in a bag for $10. Now it's down to 26 for the same price.
    I'm so glad this is my last baby [​IMG]

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Ya, i was venting the other day and Saddina gave me that little snippet. I loved how she phrased it so much that I used it for my siggy [​IMG]

PS, I would love me some fast food, but the last month or so I haven't had any!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by