Has anyone ordered chicks from "My Pet Chicken.com"?

Chickie Mama

Songster
8 Years
May 31, 2012
Washington County New York
Here is is December and I'm already planning for spring.

Has anyone ordered chicks from "My Pet Chicken.com"? They offer chicks in small quantities in whatever assortment you choose. You can get one Brahma, one Orpington and one Wyandotte if you want.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought chicks for them before?

I'd also be interested in any other Hatcheries you all would recommend! Thanks!

I ordered my first batch from there for that reason. Most of them died before a year and a half. The vet figured it was a genetic defect in the reproductive tract. But on the same note it could have just been that exact (sadly unlucky) batch. Depending on what you're raising them for it may not make a difference to you. I only have two left from that group. I now found a place more local that I can drive to and pick up from. Keep in mind they'd be traveling to you from Texas I believe.

My Pet Chicken ships chicks out of Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. I am in CA and when I order from them I have my chicks in my hands in less then 24 hours, closer to 18 hours. Chicks are in great shape when they arrive. I have no complaints about MPC at all. This last batch I ordered is over two years old now and all are very healthy birds and great layers.

I'd mention it is not that early, some breed's 2015 hatch dates are already sold out at Meyer and MyPetChicken. I ordered 5 minutes after the 2015 chcicks came online at Meyer.

Thanks everyone! My husband uses Mt. Healthy to order his turkeys and they have good chicks, but I only want 6 not 15. :) I think I'll give these folks a try! They have a %95 sexing rate too. I don't need anymore roosters! :)

I got a batch of thirteen from them a week ago and they seem great and healthy. They are friendly and growing like crazy. Two didn't survive the trip and they refunded me for them. My only complaint is that I ordered an assortment of brown egg layers and so I do not have a clue what kind of chicken to have! They state that right up front that you won't know what you have but I admit it's driving me a little bit crazy ha ha.

I had a great experience with My Pet Chicken. I ordered a large batch (18, I think) to split with a friend. I ended up with 10. I'd ordered more than I needed in case of males or deaths, but all the chicks were healthy and and all were female.

I kept six girls, and they are now about 5 1/2 months old. I have a BCM, salmon faverolle, olive egger, easter egger, speckled sussex, and one girl that is either an EE or OE. They are all healthy, pretty birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom