1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone ordered EE's from MPC?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NYRIR, Jan 3, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Hi...just ordered for April some EE's from MPC.Was wondering if anyone knows what colors they tend to have?I am sooo curious already!!
    Thanks![​IMG]

2. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    I ordered some last spring, only 8, but had various colors of brown, gold, gold/blue and solid white. not bad for only 8 birds. The problem I had is they were extremely wild and as chicks they picked each others and the other chicks eyelids off. I culled 4 for doing that.

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I have two EE's from MPC, born July 12th. They looked different as chicks, but look the same now - standard brownish looking EE - and they just started laying green eggs. [​IMG] Mine are sweet girls.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    I have two EEs from MPC, I love them! Both lay blue eggs are are extremely sweet, docile birds, one is a certified lap chicken. You'll love them!

5. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Man, I am sooo excited to get them! I ordered last year but had to take subs because of the big hatching mishap...I have been dying to see what some grown EE's from MPC look like!Anyone have pics? I could only order two because my son wanted Appenzellers and we could only get 4 more due to space, so I got 2 EE's coming the week of the 25th of april along with the AS's. [​IMG] One other reason I'm dying to know what they look like is currently I have 15 Reds,3 red sex links,7 red mixes and 2 NH's (for red varieties).I'm hoping to get ANY color but brownish-red!It says you can't choose colors....[​IMG]

6. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Have any pics of those? They sound beautiful!

8. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:I heard they can look totally different when chicks...how much did they change?

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have 5 EEs from MPC. Four are brownish, and one is blue wheaten.

They are SOOOO sweet and docile. They are currently being harassed by my Golden Sex Links. Guess who might have to go? NOT my EEs.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They are friendly and just a little flighty. But they do squat for me as if I were a roo. (I don't have a roo in with them right now.)

10. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] No prejudice there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by