has anyone ordered from lake cumberland game?

ltlchicken

Songster
11 Years
Oct 8, 2008
i'm thinking about ordering a&m's, jumbo browns and california valley. their prices are a bit high, but if they're a reputable breeder, i was going to get me some.

thanks.

Not I. But I got my first shipment of coturnix from redoak gamebirds... several were broken because of their packaging means (foam crates)....BUT they made up for it with extras...I ordered 100, and by the time i sorted out all the cracked...i had 130! LOL!

Then i had a bad hatch due to my incy and only ended up with like 30
lau.gif

oh, what a bummer.

so they have jumbo browns? i keep reading about these jumbo's but then read that they're really not.
sad.png

my friend has some georgia giant bob whites and those quails live up to their name and are very big.

Last edited:
Quote:
My jumbo browns are wayyy bigger than my pharoah browns, and my A & Ms are right up there (if not bigger) than the browns.

I just the other day weighed my biggest jumbo, and a normal pharoah sized coturnix....heres the weights

Ike- a normal sized tuxedo (same size as a pharoah brown): 4 3/8 oz
Big Bertha- an A & M: 12 5/8 oz

I'm not sure if they have jumbo browns but i think you should check them out im pretty sure they have A & Ms, and i know they have pharoah browns.
smile.png

They say that jumbos can get to an lb in weight...im working on that goal
smile.png

yes, that's what i was hoping for, a one pound brown.
big_smile.png

i'll definitely look into getting redoak gamebirds. thanks for the info.

i just went on redoak gamebirds site and all their chicks and eggs were out of stock.
sad.png

In the picture at red oaks website the "Texas A&Ms" appear to be the same size as the tuxedos.

I am putting in an order for pheasants and lake cumberland is on the short list of hatcheries I am contemplating. Although there are deals to be had, the distance a hatchery is from you makes a big difference in the shape the chicks or eggs arrive in.

Just my $0.02
Brad

Back
Top Bottom