Has anyone ordered from Randall Burkey before?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

If so, how was the quality of their birds at maturity? Shipping & handling? Overall experience? I'm considering buying a small number of birds from them this spring (splitting an order with my MIL)...

2. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Burkey chicks and Ideals are the same.....

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    ?they are the same company? [​IMG]

I am also interested in their quality because I realized today that they sell DE!

Joanne

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

There's a search you can do here, Search by the company's name, lots of ppl have posted their dealings with them (hope that doesn't sound cranky of me!!). I have read a bunch of experiences with the company. Overall, from what I have read they are a good company to order from.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  5. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Oh, I didn't know that...they are the only ones I found besides Stromberg's that has the bantam fav's...

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I'm not sure if it is--but I've heard that most of the larger hatcheries do get their chicks from the same sources. I'm just really hoping for something with better quality than McMurray or Ideal...

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:DUH! I didn't even THINK of that...but I'll check it out, thanks!

8. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Your going to get the same quality from all hatcheries.

If you want good quality find a breeder of the chickens your looking for.

I am ordering BUFF silkie chicks from ideal I know they wont be the best quality because of how much black they will have in their feathering but I am not going to be showing I just want nice looking silkies.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Yeah...I know....[​IMG] The problem is that when I hatch them out myself, I get 60-75% roos! [​IMG] So I'd like sexed chicks....and I hate to eat the extra roos...especially cochins & sumatras. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by