Has Anyone Ordered Naked Necks From Ideal?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by jmsim93, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jmsim93

jmsim93 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2009
    East Texas
    Has anyone ordered NN from Ideal and if you have, do you get colored eggs from them? That's what they post on their site and mine have not started to lay yet. I was wondering if anyone out there is getting tinted eggs from their NN????

2. Hi!
    I got 2 buff Naked Neck girls from IDEAL in '05 and they laid large brown eggs.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. jmsim93

Oct 29, 2009
    East Texas
    hmmmm??? I wonder why they have them listed under the tinted eggs???

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Because they lay a light brown egg which is sometimes called tinted.I ahve two from there and they lay fairly decent.

5. vkp23

vkp23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    My house
    Here are my naked necks from IDEAL. They have not started laying yet but they are still too young.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jmsim93

Oct 29, 2009
    East Texas
    Quote:That sounds kinda deceptive. It's a good thing that Ideal has been so good to me otherwise I might never order from them again! :)

7. jmsim93

Oct 29, 2009
    East Texas
    Here is one of my NN from Ideal.

[​IMG]

They are really good hearty birds, heavy and solid. I keep thinking if they don't stay in line they might end up on the dinner table! LOL

8. jmsim93

Oct 29, 2009
    East Texas
    Any more NN fans out there?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I will be ordering NNs from Ideal for this spring. I don't consider listing them as tinted egg layers deceptive. Ideal has their birds listed by their size and by the color of egg they lay - dark brown egg layers, brown egg layers, white and tinted. The NNs eggs are suppose to be light tan or creamy white; not as dark as a brown egg layer and not stark white, so tinted.
    To get a blue or green egg layer I would go with an easter egger. In fact I plan to order a few of those too.
    Also, I have brahmas, which most sites list as laying a brown egg. However, some of my brahmas lay a pink egg which is common amongst the breed, just not what you'd expect.

10. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Hey guys. Ive been considering ordering from ideal, and was wondering how everyone liked them. I hope you dont mind jmsim93, this was just the first thread concerning them. [​IMG]

So whats the bird quality, and can you order just a few of severl types to make up an order?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by