Has Anyone Ordered Naked Necks From Ideal?????

jmsim93

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 29, 2009
East Texas
Has anyone ordered NN from Ideal and if you have, do you get colored eggs from them? That's what they post on their site and mine have not started to lay yet. I was wondering if anyone out there is getting tinted eggs from their NN????

Hi!
I got 2 buff Naked Neck girls from IDEAL in '05 and they laid large brown eggs.
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
That sounds kinda deceptive. It's a good thing that Ideal has been so good to me otherwise I might never order from them again! :)

Here is one of my NN from Ideal.

43737_byc8.jpg

They are really good hearty birds, heavy and solid. I keep thinking if they don't stay in line they might end up on the dinner table! LOL

I will be ordering NNs from Ideal for this spring. I don't consider listing them as tinted egg layers deceptive. Ideal has their birds listed by their size and by the color of egg they lay - dark brown egg layers, brown egg layers, white and tinted. The NNs eggs are suppose to be light tan or creamy white; not as dark as a brown egg layer and not stark white, so tinted.
To get a blue or green egg layer I would go with an easter egger. In fact I plan to order a few of those too.
Also, I have brahmas, which most sites list as laying a brown egg. However, some of my brahmas lay a pink egg which is common amongst the breed, just not what you'd expect.

Hey guys. Ive been considering ordering from ideal, and was wondering how everyone liked them. I hope you dont mind jmsim93, this was just the first thread concerning them.
smile.png

So whats the bird quality, and can you order just a few of severl types to make up an order?

Back
Top Bottom