Has anyone ordered pheasant eggs from Oakwood game farms?

Are you looking for pheasant eggs?Save your money shipped pheasant eggs don't hatch very good,unless you are buying 6 or 8 dozen so the box weighs 40 lbs and they can't throw it around.Try to find someone local and get them from them.
Inn N.H.,Tony.

Hmmm... I really wanted to try just a few eggs so I wouldn't have to deal with chicks dying and we could have pheasant meat. The feed store only sells chicks, I think. Approximately what percent would hatch?

Nobody would be able to give you an exact number because it all depends on how you hatch them like temp, humidity, ship eggs, local eggs, or how long the eggs have been sitting or even if your female will sit on the eggs. Even if you get your female to sit on the eggs and hatch you still loose chicks it is part of mother nature. It is really awesome to have females sit and hatch them and I have many females that do so but I have also lost chicks too.
Good Luck

So that really does work, to have a chicken raise pheasants? That will be good. I'll see how it goes, maybe try some pheasant and some chukar. Thanks!

I sold some silver pheasants to Jason Shaw in Anchorage,Alaska back in 2002.I wonder if he still raising birds.I don't have a contact number for him.
In N.H.,Tony.

Someone was selling an adult pair of Silver Pheasants In Ancorage a while back, I saw the classified ad. I wanted to get them, but I was not ready to take on adults! It may have been him, though.

Yes chickens will hatch pheasant eggs BUT when the pheasant chicks hatch they will run away from the hen. When I hatch pheasant chicks using hens as 'hatchers' I pull the eggs a day or two before their due to hatch and hatch them in an incubator. You can use the mother hens to raise them but you need to wait until the pheasant chicks are a day or two old (not weak and clumsy) place them in a cage that they can't escape from (with the hen) majority of the time the pheasant chicks will work out that the hen is mum and everything will go smoothly, but not all the time! Keep an eye on the hen for aggression as some chickens will kill the pheasant chicks even if they have hatched them themselves and sometimes the pheasant chicks just won't accept the hen as mum. So watch them closely! This is just my opinion and what works for me :)

Thanks for the tips! I do not have excess to an incubator, so maybe I should set the eggs under the hen, and then take the chicks away after they hatch?

Back
Top Bottom