Has anyone purchased chicks from Hilltop Farms in California? *Do not buy from Hilltop Farms! Negative experiences are in the thread!!!*

Thanks. I’m still seeing bloody poops this morning too... I gave them Corid in the water again and still waiting for sulfa to arrive. Think I should give another Corid drench?

Thanks. I’m still seeing bloody poops this morning too... I gave them Corid in the water again and still waiting for sulfa to arrive. Think I should give another Corid drench?
It wouldn’t hurt to give a corid drench! The bloody poops definitely signify a bacterial infection and once the sulfa arrives that should help tremendously.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was having this issue!! I felt horrible for having 5/8 chicks die on me with seemingly no issues. I raised multiple batches of chicks the same exact way and never ever experienced loss like this before. I wonder what happened with them this year because all of the good reviews seem to be from last year and before. Im really hoping it’s not a contagious illness of some sort causing all of these chicks to die.
Same here. It’s look good reviews because they deleted negative reviews. I wish i’ve research deeper before order.

Attachments

• IMG_4551.png
    IMG_4551.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4552.png
    IMG_4552.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4553.png
    IMG_4553.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4512.png
    IMG_4512.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4412.png
    IMG_4412.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 53
Same here. It’s look good reviews because they deleted negative reviews. I wish i’ve research deeper before order.
I wish I would’ve known when pre-ordering my chicks in January! At the very least, the surviving 3 I have are doing fine and no contagious illnesses have been seen in the rest of my flock and they’re looking like pullets so far… I just had a hen hatch out 6 chicks and all 6 are thriving at 2 weeks old… there’s a huge difference in these new chicks vs hilltops!

How are the rest of your chicks doing now?
They are okay. Finished the sulfa and poops look good, but now the little Wyandotte has rales. I’m not sure if they came with something (like IB or MG?) or if my big girls are carrying something I spread to them, or if she aspirated when I was hand-feeding/dosing them with meds, food, and vitamins…? She’s had a few wet sneezes and I can hear popping when she breathes. A little noise from the Marans too.

But they are all eating, drinking, scratching, preening and doing chick things.

I had actually ordered 2 more chicks from Dare2Dream that I scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but I’ve contacted them about cancelling or postponing until I know what’s going on with these babies. I don’t want to infect new chicks if it’s contagious.

How are yours? Any respiratory issues?

I wish I would’ve known when pre-ordering my chicks in January! At the very least, the surviving 3 I have are doing fine and no contagious illnesses have been seen in the rest of my flock and they’re looking like pullets so far… I just had a hen hatch out 6 chicks and all 6 are thriving at 2 weeks old… there’s a huge difference in these new chicks vs hilltops!
My Russian orloff is still so small from hilltop. Compare to my french blue copper maran I ordered from other company. Both them are same age, near 4 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_4509.jpeg
    IMG_4509.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 49
They are okay. Finished the sulfa and poops look good, but now the little Wyandotte has rales. I’m not sure if they came with something (like IB or MG?) or if my big girls are carrying something I spread to them, or if she aspirated when I was hand-feeding/dosing them with meds, food, and vitamins…? She’s had a few wet sneezes and I can hear popping when she breathes. A little noise from the Marans too.

But they are all eating, drinking, scratching, preening and doing chick things.

I had actually ordered 2 more chicks from Dare2Dream that I scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but I’ve contacted them about cancelling or postponing until I know what’s going on with these babies. I don’t want to infect new chicks if it’s contagious.

How are yours? Any respiratory issues?
My Ameraucana actually had a clear runny nose with tiny wet sneezes but that stopped since I moved them outdoors during the day and now they’ve been with the flock permanently for 2 weeks. I’m thinking the fine pine shavings is what caused it considering it stopped since they went outdoors and they’ve had direct contact with my flock for 7 weeks now and no type of respiratory issues have been seen with the rest of them. Crossing my fingers in hopes that everything remains fine. I hatched out chicks two weeks ago under a broody and they’re in the same separate area in the run that the 3 from hilltop farms were introduced in, and so far no illnesses.🤞🏼

Back
Top Bottom