1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone read the Taste of Home magazine?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by EweSheep, Jul 24, 2008.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Just got the magazine today and I saw an article about someone is questioning about storage of eggs......makes me question the validity of this editor or writer that responded back.

Of course, we are the only one in the whole wide world that refigerate our eggs and it is perfectly safe to eat eggs from nest to counter, rather than in refigerator. See our English cousins and Salmonella is not common there!

Wish the writer would read up more on it instead of being taught in a book or ignorant school marm!

What do you all think of the article????????????

2. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I had a subscription for a few years.
    Just like any magazine, I agree and disagree with several things. But I do like the magazine as a whole.
    They brought me back to several recipes and other things from "back home" (im from the south).

The editor probably knows NOTHING about eggs or chickens and his(her) due dillegence is dependance on the research staff who probably got the information from a reader. Most of the time they will err on the side of health dept regulations on "hazardus" foods regardless where it comes from.
    If they say it's OK to keep eggs on the counter and one fool gets sick, they can be sued.

3. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Darn this site. I keep finding out interesting things. Salmonella is not common in England?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by