1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Has anyone seen a Porcelain D'uccle x Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chang1993, May 12, 2016.

1. Chang1993

Chang1993 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Ever wonder about crossing two different colors of d'uccles? Well, on my reseach I didn't found any information about it. Last year I only breed a Mille Fleur to a Mille Fleur which its popular in this situations and also about the other colors too. As I tried my experience of breed a mille fleur rooster to a white hen (same d'uccles) it's give me Golden Neck D'uccles and Mille Fleur D'uccles. Also to a blue d'uccle hen give me Blue Mille and Self Blue. I get rid of the Mille Fleur rooster and replace him with a Porcelain rooster, and now, I have a surpise chick since momma Mille Fleur didn't hatch them successfully. This chick it's a Porcelain x Mille Fleur. I have to buy her some day old mille fleur chicks. They were hatch on May 8, 2016. Mother's Day. Tried to experience like me, phone didn't let me upload the photo. I'll try it again until I have some usual d'uccles color. Please send some pictures of your D'uccle x D'uccle.

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Back when i was considering going into major breeding of dUccles i researched the colouRds i had which was porcelain and mille, and from what i remeber genetic wise, porcelain is the dilute of mille, and dependingon what the parents carry, diulte wise the babies would just be either porcelain or mille (unless the parents carry some other cool genes too)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by